Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How do you import Roboform Data into Bitdefender Password Manager?

Options
Jamesdoylephoto
edited February 2022 in Password Manager

I've been using Roboform for years but now I'm looking at using Bitdefender Password Manager to manage my passwords. I've loaded the Chrome browser plugin and followed the instructions about importing but to no avail. I have a exported file from Roboform in .csv format.

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Jamesdoylephoto and welcome to the Community!

Currently, Roboform is not supported. However, the good news is that our developers are working on a task to add Roboform as an option from where the user can import passwords. We don't have an ETA on this, as the development has started recently, but it's work in progress 🙂

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for when Roboform is supported. Cheers James

• I'm also a roboform user and am looking forward to import to bitdefender.

• Makker
    Options

I am also a long term Roboform user and look forward to being able to import all of my data.

• Australia - URGENT

Paid my annual sub to commence using BD Password Manager yesterday March 10th 14.45

My Roboform sub expires March 12th.

Reply from Mihai E. time stamped March 10th 10.56am referring to ticket 1007247819, clearly says that data from Roboform can be imported as a Roboform exported CSV file by following this link https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13355

Followed all these instructions to import the Roboform exported data in CSV format but it fails.

There is no Roboform option in the first dropdown field so it appears I will be asking for a refund.

I have opened another ticket 1007257271

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Greyhawker and welcome to the Community!

I am deeply sorry for the misunderstanding, it appears that the agent was either misinformed or not fully aware of the compatibility. Roboform is not yet supported, but as a workaround, you may try to import the passwords into a supported browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge) and then import into Password Manager.

Best regards.

• Very disappointing. Basic information to have at the front-facing agents I would have thought.

I will request a refund

• I looked at the "template" offered to morf my Roboform CSV into what Bitdefender Password Manager and I don't have the time to try that (expecially since a few of the columns aren't shown with items that match any in Roboform).

The suggested workaround of passing my current passwords thru Chrome, Firefox, or Edge is not anything I would entertain☠️.😫

Dropping BDPW - also doesn't seem like they offer the "free version" that has been reviewed as the "cats pjs" of passwork mangers

Not really professional enough to be a Bitdefender product. Much more work is needed. Let me know when/if it is updated.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @dblevins,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

Check the below thread for steps on how to achieve an import from unsupported apps into Password Manager:

There is still a free password manager alternative offered by Bitdefender, in the form of the existing Wallet.

Regards

• Doug Weller
    Options

I'd love to move, but not until there's a foolproof way to import from RoboForm.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Doug Weller,

Bitdefender can seamlessly transfer data only from the applications mentioned below in CSV, JSON, XML, TXT, 1pif, and FSK format:

1Password, Bitwarden, Bitdefender Password Manager, Bitdefender Wallet, Bitwarden, ByePass, Chrome browser, Claro, Dashlane, Edge browser, ESET Password Manager v2, ESET Password Manager v3, F-Secure, Firefox browser, Gestor de contraseñas – Claro, Gestor de contraseñas – SIT, Gestor de contraseñas – Telnor, KeePass 2.x, LastPass, Panda Dome Passwords, PassWatch, Saferpass, SFR Cybersécurité, SIT, StickyPassword, Telnor, Watchguard.

You can check the following article for instructions on how to import data from unsupported apps into Bitdefender Password Manager:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2472/

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

• It has now been over a 18 months since you said; "However, the good news is that our developers are working on a task to add Roboform as an option from where the user can import passwords" and still the option is not available. What on earth are your developers doing with themselves. This is shocking service and unless this is likely to happen soon I shall be closing my account.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Alexandru_BD @CrazyDazy is right, it's been a while and I do not see Roboform added to the Import Passwords article. Do we have any eta on the Roboform import ability without having to do any CSV file manipulation?

TIA

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

Be safe, not paranoid.

• @CrazyDazy @Scott I'm looking into this. As soon as I have news, I'll follow up here.

Thanks!

• @CrazyDazy can you search for Roboform as shown below, please?

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    Options

I probably should have checked on my end, I went for the article information first, as ADHD Scott has been using a different password manager recently. We'll see where I'm at in another two months..lol :)

For now, I just needed something with more information and settings in the app pop-up window itself without having to scroll down, as well as the desktop ability.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

Be safe, not paranoid.

• Yes, the support article will be updated soon to reflect the Roboform compatibility. I've made a request for this today. Thanks for pointing this out @Scott 🤜🤛

Cheers!