Can you guess what this icon represents?

Alexandru_BD
Alexandru_BD admin
edited July 2022 in General Topics

The crowd is roaring. They’re going mad with anticipation. Eyes are wide open. Hands are up. Football fans at the World Cup final? Nope. A group of community members trying to guess the right answer.

So, the story goes like this. We have the above icon and we have no idea what it is. Let's join forces and perhaps we can find out. What is the message behind it and what does it stand for? Can you guess what it is? Wrong and right answers accepted. And to spice things up, I'm throwing in a surPRIZE for the best comment 😉

Ok, i'm giving you a clue as well. It is something from Bitdefender, yes 😅

Let your imagination flow and let's have your best guess in the comments below!

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Comments

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

Something from Bitdefender..lol, yes, thank you for that clue 😊

A Bitdefender OS that can be loaded from a flash drive, a totally secure environment. You said to let our imaginations flow 😊

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• The new icon for the new Bitdefender Fluent UI interface.😁

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited June 2022

As far as I can guess, it can be a new bitdefender icon for bitdefender windows/ mac products. Recently there were many icon changes from bitdefender for their android applications available on the google play store.

Some of the common examples of icon changes happened in android products were for bitdefender free antivirus, bitdefender password manager, bitdefender vpn & bitdefender password manager.

The only icon which remains currently the same for the android product is their main product, bitdefender mobile security. I guess it will also see a change in icon soon.

So yea, the new icon above might be somehow related to the new icon for bitdefender windows/ mac products.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Flexx
    edited June 2022

As an assumption, we can have 2 possibilities here.

1) It can be a bitdefender OS as @Scott said, similar to one that kaspersky also introduced in the past, kaspersky OS that runs a secure environment.

2) In the past bitdefender had the availability of rescue disk software which was available on its website whose main purpose was to create a rescue environment via creating a bootable usb device and then boot from the usb in order to enter the rescue environment and scan for malicious items that were not removed in general mode. But the rescue disk software was discontinued and replaced with the inbuilt availability of rescue disk environment in the latest version of bitdefender products.

So, it might be that it can a bootable usb rescue disk from bitdefender available at a certain cost.

As @Scott said, let your imaginations flow 😅

But, I will still stay with my previous comment related to the new icon for bitdefender windows/ mac products.

Regards

• Scott
    edited June 2022

I do remember #2, the rescue disk ability, but I like how observant you were regarding the icon changes you saw on play store etc. 😊

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Flexx

• Giryoku
    Giryoku ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

@mrmirakhur ,

That's the same as what I thought.

It could be a brand new product / service of course. But I assume that it represents the new icon for antivirus protection.

1. Because the icon represents a shield with a finch
    2. Because that would be better in line with the icon of the other products / services

So my answer goes out to the new protection (antivirus) icon as well.

• Giryoku
    Giryoku ✭✭✭

Just to let my imagination flow.

It could also represent an icon for an all-in-one protection solution🤔

But my main answer is still the one above.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

After 2 days of Google searching and thinking about the correct answer, my eyes, my elbows, my hands and my fingers hurt. Also, i have a headache.

So far, i got only this conclusion: Since the icon color is red, and not russian-green, that icon must represent a product / service from Bitdefender.

But, in the next 2 or more days, i have to find the correct answer: What product / service could it be? Could it be the new Bitdefender home products line which i guess will be announced in august or september? Or maybe a Bitdefender OS? Or maybe i should let @Alexandru_BD to give me the right answer?

Damn, just one question and too many options for an answer!

Regards.

• 😂😂😂

• Hmm, I see a lot of ideas popping up.

What WOULD YOU like to be it? :)

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mike_BD

I would like it to be the new icon / logo for the new Bitdefender home products line. 😎

BTW, it seems that you already know what that icon represents. 🤔

Could you please PM me the correct answer. 😊

I promise i won't tell @Alexandru_BD about that! 🤫

Regards.

• @Mike_BD can't help you @Gjoksi

• Teaser 👽️

• Giryoku
    Giryoku ✭✭✭

🤔

@Alexandru_BD you are making it really exciting right now 😂

• Seems to be new UI for Bitdefender desktop apps , I hope my guess is true

• Flexx
    edited June 2022

@Alexandru_BD, @Mike_BD - what is the final verdict on these icons. It's been a long time now 😅

First we guessed for the red icon, then came the green icon. I guess next will be the blue icon. The colour seems like the ones we were taught in school time, RGB being the primary colours 😂

Regards

• All will be revealed soon, but we just don't know when 😉

• Flexx
    edited June 2022

😂😂😂

Maybe the developers might know it !

Regards

• Mike_BD
    Mike_BD admin
    edited June 2022

In all honesty, Alex and myself know, but ... the goose needs to be left a bit more in the oven :)

Speaking of Goose...have you seen Top Gun Maverick?

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Flexx

Watch out for the temperature, goose should be evenly cooked, Gordon Ramsay should like it 😅

Yea, loved Top Gun: Maverick. There is hardly any movie of Tom Cruise that I may have not watched.

Will have to wait another year and then another year for these upcoming movies.

Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning Part One - July 14, 2023

Mission: Impossible 8 - June 8, 2024

Regards

• @mrmirakhur yeah, the man is obsessed with perfection...love his work and dedication.

• Flexx

Was randomly checking google play store and came across exactly the same icon for bitdefender free antivirus for android.

But, that being said, the icon in the image was before this post was published on the forum.'

Regards

• Yes @mrmirakhur, you are correct. The above shield is being used for the free mobile security as well 😊

All will be revealed at the end of June 😁 Until then, keep sharing your guesswork here! ✌️

• Flexx
    edited June 2022

• Scott
    edited June 2022

It's the new icon for Bitdefender's new Reciprocating Dingle Arm 😁

• Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• As @Alexandru_BD is on holiday, the pleasure of revealing is now mine: we have launched a new product called Bitdefender Safety Check.

I'll leave you guys to share your thoughts, I'm pretty sure you're gonna thoroughly "dissect" it :)

Mike

• Flexx

@Mike_BD - I downloaded this tool and it is running from last 1 hour without any progress.

Regards

• @mrmirakhur do you have any Bitdefender AV installed already?

• Flexx

• Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Flexx
    edited June 2022

Yes, I got the same information on my own laptop, but when I tried to run this software on another PC which does not has the Bitdefender product installed, the image shared was of that PC.

Regards

• What TS version are you using @mrmirakhur ?

• Moldoveanu Marius
    Moldoveanu Marius Senior QA Engineer ✭✭✭

Hello mrmirakhur, can you tell us what Bitdefender Total Security version you have and what operating system? Thank you for your time,

Marius

• Flexx

Additionally, using Windows 10 v21H1 (OS Build 19043.1766) on which the Bitdefender Total Security is installed

Regards

• Scott
    edited June 2022

I've been a baaad boy, lol 6 issues. This PC doesn't have BD security installed. It seems pretty generic, it didn't show if any Windows updates needed to be installed? More informational, user intervention needed, compared to Total Security's Vunerability Scan option to Fix issue. But, maybe that's the idea ;)

• Well, next step would be to try the full power of the Total Security :D

• Scott
    edited June 2022

I hope in my post above that when I said it seemed pretty generic, that I wasn't trying to be rude to BD and the developers, but after all of the back and forth excitement on this thread, I just thought it may do a little more than it did.

If it had offered to Fix the issue, than I really would have been excited and have considered it something to pass on to family or friends. But, I also understand that the ability to Fix an issue is tied in with the larger Total Security software itself.

• Mike_BD
    Mike_BD admin
    edited June 2022

Interesting view, @Scott . It's a tool which we want non-BD users to try, as a first "aperitif" in what is a Bitdefender suite of products. It's a second opinion, non intrusive and as fast as possible.

LE: perhaps some "quick fixes" should be applied - as a proof-of-work on our behalf.

• Scott
    edited June 2022

I don't mean to hijack this thread with my opinions..lol, but here I go again.

If it scanned to let you know that Windows updates were not up to date and that your browsers were not up to date, then I would be more inclined to tick the bottom of the Scan Report, "want to fix this issue(s) fast"? I didn't see those listed in the report.

I think the more you could scan and provide information for that may need to be addressed, I would want something like Total Security to do that faster for me, as well as then having a security solution on my Windows device plus all of the other devices I owned.