Anti-Theft Not Working

Gjoksi
Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

I went to my Bitedefender Central account, clicked on "My Devices", then went to my phone Samsung Galaxy A22 5G, clicked on "View details" and then clicked on "Anti-Theft".

Then i clicked on "Locate device" and this is what i got:

After that, i clicked on "Alert" and this is what i got:

Although it says "Command successfully sent", THE PHONE NEVER RANG, not even after 5 minutes of waiting!

Then, i went to:

clicked on "Track location" and after no more than 30 seconds i got this:

(i erased the address in the photo, but it was the correct address that the phone was there)

Next, i clicked on "Ring" and i got this:

And that is correct, the phone started ringing after 5 seconds from the time the command was sent.

I'm guessing that also the "Lock device" and "Wipe device" functions in Bitdefender Central Anti-Theft are not working, but can't be sure, because i haven't tested them yet.

So, it's pretty obvious that the Anti-Theft function in Bitdefender Central is not functioning.

Please, fix it.

Thanks.

@Alexandru_BD @Mike_BD

My ticket number is 1007538626.

Please chek on this and set the ticket to high priority as it seems that also other users are having the same issue.

Thanks.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Same with me.

Anti theft features like Locate Device, Alert & Lock Device are not at all working via online bitdefender central.

Did not tried the Wipe Device though.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Gjoksi

Followed these steps:

but that didn't solve the issue.

@mrmirakhur

Can you please try the steps above and write if your problem is solved or not, as you too have Samsung mobile.

Thanks.

• Flexx

As checked, the requested steps do not help and issue still persists.

Regards

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

Agree. Maybe something on Centrals end, and not an issue with our devices?

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Gjoksi

@Scott

It can't be something wrong with our devices. Find My Mobile by Samsung works very well.

• Scott

Agree. Same thing I found.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Hello,

I have discussed this situation with the technical support teams and I'm knocking on the developers doors for more information. They were conducting an investigation previously, but during testing they could not reproduce the issue. I have forwarded your insights to them and I'm looking forward for their opinion and advice.

Cheers.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Scott
    edited July 2022

It is now working on my end, location and Alert. BMS V3.3.175.2012. Samsung S22+ phone.

It was one of the server cables that had accidentally become unplugged. Alexandru found it and took care of it. Thank goodness he came back from his holiday time off and caught it 😁

• Gjoksi

@Alexandru_BD

You have discussed the situation with the technical support teams, BUT i have discussed the situation with Mr. F. Talpeș and the issue has been solved in a few minutes!

Just kidding, just kidding. 😂

Anyway, on serious note, the issue has been solved.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Samsung Galaxy A22 5G (SM-A226B/DSN)

Android 11 (Security patch level April 1, 2022)

Bitdefender Mobile Security 3.3.175.2012

Commands sent via Bitdefender Central website on Mozilla Firefox 102.0

"Locate device" and "Alert" are FULLY WORKING, without any errors and/or delays

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lenovo K6 (K33a48)

Android 7.0 (Security patch level November 1, 2017)

Commands sent via Bitdefender Central website on Mozilla Firefox 102.0

Samsung Galaxy A22 5G (SM-A226B/DSN)

Android 11 (Security patch level April 1, 2022)

Commands sent via Bitdefender Central app 3.0.10.76 on Android 11 (Security patch level April 1, 2022)

Lenovo K6 (K33a48)

Android 7.0 (Security patch level November 1, 2017)

Commands sent via Bitdefender Central app 3.0.10.76 on Android 11 (Security patch level April 1, 2022)

Conclusion: Both commands work as they should work, on 2 different devices (Samsung Galaxy A22 5G and Lenovo K6), with 2 different Android versions (11 and 7.0) and sent via 2 different locations (Bitdefender Central website and Bitdefender Central app)

At the end, a big thanks to Mr. Talpeș for making the issue has been solved in a few minutes!

And the most important, A HUGE THANKS to all Bitdefender staff (developers, technical support, engineers etc.) for solving the issue.

And, i just almost forgot, a HUUUUUGE THANKS to Mr. @Alexandru_BD !!!

• Flexx
    edited July 2022

Everything seems to be working now.

Yeah, @Alexandru_BD did it 😎

Regards

• Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user