Recovery Key for Bit Defender Password Manager

Hello there,

I recently signed up and registered my Bitdefender Password Manager a couple days ago.

Upon registration, the program suggested to save the Recovery Key in a safe location. However, I don't remember where I saved it.

I was able to sign in using the Master Password for the account. Now the only information lacking is the Recovery Key.

Is there a way to recover the lost Recovery Key or do I need to cancel the account and re-register again?

I really need help on this one and this has been an issue since I first signed up for the subscription.

Any help or pointers from anyone who would lead me to the right information would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Servie

Comments

• I'm having the same issue.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

You should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Only they can help you.

Regards.

• Hello there,

I recently signed up and registered my Bitdefender Password Manager a couple days ago.

Upon registration, the program suggested to save the Recovery Key in a safe location. However, I don't remember where I saved it.

I was able to sign in using the Master Password for the account. Now the only information lacking is the Recovery Key.

Is there a way to recover the lost Recovery Key or do I need to cancel the account and re-register again?

I really need help on this one and this has been an issue since I first signed up for the subscription.

Any help or pointers from anyone who would lead me to the right information would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

Hello,

mrmirakhur's reply is what you're probably going to need to do. The only other option would be to do a C: drive search for any of these words or a combination of words, as it is, can be saved in these formats.

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• I don't have a recovery key, but need to reset the master password in order to setup the password manager.

Help!

• Gjoksi

@jimbyabay

Hello.

Check out this article:

Pay attention on this:

"Note: If you do not remember the current master password, click the I’ve forgotten my password option on the same screen. Enter the 24-digit Recovery Key provided during the initial Bitdefender Password Manager setup, then type a new master password. If you forget or misplace both the Master Password and the Recovery Key, as a last resort, contact a Bitdefender representative to help reset your account. Resetting your account will erase all your data and passwords saved in Bitdefender Password Manager."

Regards.

• My recovery key does not work and I'm unable to use the Password Manager.

The site does not share how to contact a Bitdefender representative. Please help! :)

• Gjoksi

@nachobeerhunter

Hello.

You should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.