Password Manager subscription for two users

If I have a total security subscription, and share it between myself and my wife's devices, how should I proceed with the password manager subscription, is it possible to create two different users?

Answers

• Hello @atm2928 and welcome to the Community!

Currently, this feature is not available, BUT you just gave us an idea. The possibility to create multiple users is very interesting indeed and it would be definitely nice to have. So, I have passed your valuable feedback to the product developers to consider. They will analyze the suggestion and see how it can be implemented in the future.

Thank you!

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• @Alexandru_BD I just paid the annual subscription for Password Manager... and I also just noticed that multiusers are not supported 😣, this is a must... please.

• It would be very interesting a plan for the families to keep you and your loved ones online. He should remember the most important information of your family!

It should include up to 5 people (with growth space), all paid with a single subscription.

Everyone receives their own account password, which you will use to unlock Bitdefender Password Manager

As a family organizer, to be responsible for family management and what each person has.

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• Hello @charliefl,

For the upcoming release, the developers have worked on visual adjustments, a new build with added languages, an improved import flow and the requested "Remember me" feature, that will solve the cumbersome login process.

Following the valuable feedback we received from the members of our community, the multiple users option has been approved by the developers and will make its way into the product as soon as possible.

Best regards.

• I love how smooth and effortless the password manager is (even over Dashlane and Bitwarden), BUT, I have a family and they need their own "vaults". I don't want to be sharing my bank log-in with my kids! And others may not want to be sharing bank log-ins with boy/girl-friends. (I'm just using bank log-ins as a Default.) But you get my point. I think 5 for the Premium would be fair, which they could use on their phone, laptop, pc. All separate. Their own vaults with the ability to share an (encrypted) password like other password managers can do. Along with constant dark web monitoring. And if you really want to stand out you can add a feature that Dashlane has that can change multiple passwords at once! Great for any Zero Day scares!

P.S. It shouldn't cost extra for people with any "Plans" that already come with the password manager. It should just get added to their plan/account. You love us, We'll love you.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@Born2bFree

Hello.

That sounds like a great idea.

Maybe @Alexandru_BD has something to say on your request.

Regards.

• Hello @Born2bFree,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

The product teams received this feature request from the members of this community after the initial launch of the service and the multiple users option is being developed as we speak. It has been forecasted for the 4th quarter of 2022 and we are looking forward to this.

Regards

• I'm looking forward to this new feature!

(To force my familymembers to start using a password manager 😉)

Regards.

• That is great to hear! After reading that you were actually taking this to heart and working on it. I went ahead and got the premium for my family and parents with the hope that this will be available to all of them in the near future.

And honestly, this feature will be huge for Bitdefender. You will be the first to offer this option. Also, after you get the dark web monitoring, MFA, and hopefully bulk password changes and other nice bells and whistles that other password managers come with, what some may consider "standard" for most password managers, offering multiple accounts instead of just one would be gigantic. It would force other password managers to start doing the same, and Bitdefender would be the first to pioneer this option. This would definitely get your brand name to the tops of those Top 5/10 password managers list in the blink of an eye!

Last thing, keep the price down. I understand there was work done for this but look at the economy right now. (FJB) Just because a new feature is added doesn't mean the product is now worth its weight in Gold or the price should shoot through the roof. This premium package is pricey enough as it is. If it wasn't for the huge discount, I probably wouldn't have been able to afford it.

But thank you for listening to your community, just another thing that will set you aside from the competition.

• Hello @Born2bFree,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

Indeed, the multi-user feature would prove very useful for the Password Manager users and it's a considerable step forward in the development of a service that's still in its first year of life. Our product teams have gathered so much valuable feedback from the members of this community and the information proved fundamental in their quest to further develop and improve the Password Manager, to meet the user's needs and to exceed all expectations. It is work in progress and as soon as the option becomes available, I'll make sure the community will be the first to know.

We are dedicated to saving customer's time and money by providing the most advanced products at the fairest prices. Each Bitdefender product has a standard price list and depending on the various campaigns or means of sale, discounts may apply. The offers and discounts are configured by our Sales and Pricing departments, based on comprehensive market studies and subscription type. Upgrades are applied with each version of the Bitdefender products in order to stay ahead of the most sophisticated threats and for such reasons, a fixed price cannot be guaranteed over the years, as the investments in development are on the rise and discounts may fluctuate as well. But we do monitor the evolution of prices closely and the Sales teams may bring price adjustments, if deemed necessary.

Cheers and thank you for choosing our Password Manager!

• Hello Alexandru_BD,

"It has been forecasted for the 4th quarter of 2022 and we are looking forward to this."

It is now end of December and I've just bought a total security package for my family. We used multiple users with the password manager of the previous provider. The feature it's still not there, when will it be available?

Thank you

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited December 2022

Hello @Joao Matos and thank you for joining us.

The multi-user feature is in its final stages of development. Testing will soon follow and if everything works as expected, it should be deployed shortly. Unfortunately, the update won't be available until the end of the year, as the deadline got stretched a bit and the developers wish to include other backend upgrades in the new build as well.

I have 100% confirmation that it will arrive.

Regards and thank you for your patience.

Happy Holidays!

• I want to mirror the request of many other people here. I am using LastPass atm (unfortunately) and need to move ASAP off of this to something more secure. I purchased a family license for the AV/AM/VPN solution for 5 devices earlier this year and would love to purchase the same for my family regarding your password vault.

Please make this happen. I have changed my master pass and all my pertinent logins within LastPass, but I want to get them out into another solution ASAP

• Hello @Neonato1806,

The multi-user feature is work in progress 😉

Regards

• Awesome! Many people are using LastPass because of the multi-user/family features. I am one of them. I am using Bitdefender central for my family but for passwords, we are all using LastPass.

I am looking forward to switching to Bitdefender Password Manager if there is a family plan and some family features.

Btw, I miss the Czech language support in Password Manager as well. Please add as many languages as possible. Young people can speak English, but these password managers are much more helpful for elder people who usually don't speak English. Internationalization/language support in Password Manager is more crucial than in some firewalls or antiviruses... These security apps are almost maintenance-free in contrast to password managers.

Tom

• Thank you for implementing the multi-user feature!

If I got this right though, the feature will only become available near the end of 2023? If that's the case, I'll need to look for an alternative temporarily.

Best regards

• Hello @Gerbon,

The multi-user feature is a priority for the Pasword Manager developers and surely a necessity for many of our users. We hope to deliver this additional functionality in the second quarter of 2023, if everything goes according to plan.

Regards

• This is incredibly disappointing as I just moved over to Bitdefender and realized the password manager is not able to accommodate more than one person. McAfee has this and anyone who is on the account can have their own separate login for the password manager. I wonder why Bitdefender doesn't make it more of a priority. The delays are concerning since it was scheduled to be completed by the end of last year.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited January 2023

Hello @Jo2,

Delays may occur, as the multi-user feature is not the only major change on the roadmap for the Password Manager this year and ideally, all significant changes should be released in a singular update, when possible, for a more efficient rollout.

So, I think the developers are also waiting for other improvements to catch up in parallel, so they can deploy both bug fixes and the new multi-user feature at the same time. There was probably a gap between timelines and they need to synchronize work. This is a priority for our product teams.

Regards

• Bolts
    Bolts
    edited February 2023

I am using BitWarden on a family plan because this accommodates in the following ways:

1) Each family member up to 6 have their own vault.

2) There is a shared family vault which is EXTREMELY important for families to access utilities accounts.

3) Secure password sending is a nice to have as sending passwords is rare but cannot be done in plain text.

My annual BitWarden subscription is due for renewal 25th February. Are we able to trust Bitdefender can deliver these features in Q2 2023? If not, please be honest because we'll continue with BW, until BD release these features but I will cancel and go for a few months with basic functionality if it is very short-term.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

Hi @Bolts

From my experience, especially with Alexandru's post above yours, I would not count on the 2nd quarter being the absolute, set-in-stone release date. Bitdefender does try to make sure of these things on their end before they release a more major feature(s) upgrade to a product.

My other thought would be to wait and monitor the forum of user feedback when it comes out, as with anything that has been upgraded, or enhanced, it could have a few issues or features that are not included as with what you're now getting with BW (#2).

I apologize up-front if they do release it end of 2nd quarter and it's an incredible version of Password Manager that you would then wish you hadn't re-subscribed to BW, but I'm just giving you my honest opinion and thoughts.

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Hi @Scott

Makes perfect sense and tbh, i really love BW so really there's no problem with continuing with it. Was just trying to save some money as I get BD's password manager included, but I'd rather pay and not be frustrated.

Thanks again, Scott!

• So is there an update on this subject?