Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Scam

The automatical renewal hit me and BitDefender is trying to give a 'partial refund.'

The email that was sent said " On 2023-01-21, we will charge your account 159.99 USD via our payments" for renewal of bitdefender

On January 20th, at around 3 am I get, Your Bitdefender Premium Security subscription associated with (removed my email here) has been extended with 12 MONTHS, for 159.99 USD and it will expire on January 21, 2024.

1 Jan 20, 2023 17:07 Auto renewal disabled

2 Jan 20, 2023 10:24 Product was renewed automatically

View order 3 Jan 20, 2023 10:24 Product is pending automatic renewal by 2Checkout

This was clearly before the renewal date of 01-21-2023 that I was SUPPOSED to be charged.

A ticket was issued by 2checkout on January 20th's behalf requesting a refund, as well as I opened an addional one myself on January 21st.

I'm met with a reply that states:

As a valued customer, we'd really love to keep you on board, so what do you think about a 1-year extension to the value of your product at no extra charge. This would mean that you will have a total of 2 years of Bitdefender protection, valid until January 2025. Your protection would continuously be kept up to date, getting the latest product updates and virus signatures, alongside free support 24/7.

In addition, a partial refund of 39.99 USD will be issued back into your account.

OR

Alternatively, we can issue a 80.00 USD partial refund, which would mean that you will benefit from the promotional price of 79.99 USD, which would give you 1 year of protection.

Before making your decision, I think you might be interested in knowing that the latest tests and reviews reconfirm Bitdefender as the number 1 security software available. Your private information, your credit card details, or family pictures deserve protection by nothing less.

------------------------------------------------------------

This is unnaceptable, I've requested a full refund as it's not a product currently used or installed on any of my current devices. The product hasn't been used/touched/installed since before the renewal

Tagged:

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

@Alexandru_BD, @Mike_BD kindly have a look

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hello @DreadZombie,

The message you have received was sent by the Retention & Loyalty department, following your refund request. Please note that this is not an attempt to deny your refund rights, it's a special offer meant to provide your with more subscription flexibility and pricing options to choose from. In the event you do not wish to continue with Bitdefender, simply reply to that email and let our representatives know that you are not interested in this offer and they will issue the refund from their end. Once the refund is successfully processed, it may take a couple of business days for the funds to reach your account.

There is no scam here whatsoever, relax.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user