Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can Password Manager be used to open software saved on my desktop PC

Options

I previously used RoboForm for 5 years and changed to Bitdefender & Password Manager but cant see how to setup username and passwords to open software on my desktop PC running windows 10. Our accounting software, or app as they call them now, is a desktop version and needs a username and password to launch it. The other web-based apps are working well using Password Manager.

The problem seems to be that Password Manager is only an Extension on a browser and not an app on the desktop as was RoboForm that also had the extension added to the browser.

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Unlike RoboForm and Kaspersky Password Manager, Bitdefender Password Manager doesn't have the option to save username and password for software/applications, but only for websites.

As you said, it is only an extension for web browsers and is not a desktop application. It can be only installed on Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Safari.

That's the reason why i still use Kaspersky Password Manager.

Like i once said: "i'm still waiting for a Bitdefender Password Manager desktop application for Windows to be released, and then i'll migrate from the green K to the red B.".

Regards.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited September 2022
    Options

@Boxhead Dittos word for word @Gjoksi's above post, including my using KPM and BPM.

I can't remember where I read a post by Alexandru about the idea of a desktop app being "shelved", but that they were working on the multi-user ability for Password Manager.

Even though this does not have the same accesibility as a desktop app, I thought was something that could be an option. What do you think?

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Jonnyhfd
    edited February 2023
    Options

I won't use Safepay, as well as many others. You might as well add the ability for us to use our password managers and then we would. I do not know if your arguments against it are valid or just trying to force us over to Safepay. Either way, I am sticking to mine - ROBOFORM. Thanks.