Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bug In Security Widget. Any Fix?

Options

There is a bug in the widget that is quite annoying. When you go to fullscreen and go back to the desktop, the widget has some toolbars on the sides and they don't disappear unless you restart the computer. This bug hasn't been fixed for a long time. Greetings.

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

-- STEP 1 --

Repair Bitdefender, by following these steps:

-- STEP 2 --

If the instructions from Step 1 didn't help, uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

or

It will completely remove the program.

Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account and see if the issue has been solved, as reinstalling the program usually solves the issues.

-- STEP 3 --

If the instructions from Step 2 didn't help, follow the instructions in this step.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue

and create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• hobbitmannn
    Options

not working, is a clean installation, have same problem, is a bug.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    Options

Hi hobbitmann, Full screen from web browsing? What version of Windows are you running?

@Gjoksi or @Alexandru_BD could you promote hobbitmann they can post a screenshot of what it looks like...if you don't mind posting it, hobbitmann?

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• hobbitmannn
    Options

no, fullscreen from games, mmmm legue of legends, overwatch , etc, in gaming is the problem. S.O = Windows 10 professional in ultimate build 22H2.

Thanks you.

• Scott
    edited February 2023
    Options

Helpful information, thank you. Unfortunately, I am not a gamer so I can't replicate this on my Windows 10 Pro PC.

Have you tried just Xing out of the Widget, then clicking show again from the system tray icon? Is it still with the glitches, or only disappears after a complete restart?

Otherwise, you may need to contact support so they can try to figure it out on their end.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@hobbitmannn

Hello again.

As requested by @Scott, i promoted you to Level 2.

You can now make your own thread(s) and/or post screenshot(s).

Regards.

• hobbitmannn
    hobbitmannn ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

yes, i restard and then disappear. look the problem, it is annoying :(

• Scott
    edited February 2023
    Options

@hobbitmannn

A picture speaks a thousand words, and that is amazing. The arrows and bars are probably the coding to be able to drag the widget around the desktop.

IMO, Support needs to see this. I would contact them by email and see if this image will fit when contacting them the first time, otherwise, you may need to let them know you want to upload this image.

Keep us posted.

Scott

edit: @Gjoksi , thanks again for authorizing hobbitmann to post the image; that was very helpful.

edit: @hobbitmannn I could show you a way to always keep the widget on top of all screens all the time, and you could see if it endures a game and a game exit, but that could be annoying to have it always being there.

• hobbitmannn
    hobbitmannn ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

Yes, obviously I authorize them to do what they have to do :(, I don't know if it will affect the fact that League of Legends changes the resolution when the server is running, which I don't believe because it happens with any game that puts it in fullscreen mode. Greetings, I hope so solve, because this bug takes a long time.

• Scott
    edited February 2023
    Options

I found this thread, and it had to do with screen resolution ..as that did bring back a memory of seeing it before.

(just click on "View Post")

edit..again, lol, if you have it enabled, maybe try disabling Profiles, especially Game profile, just to see?

• hobbitmannn
    hobbitmannn ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

Only the recommended profile is activated. From what I see if it is a resolution bug. Any solution ? Greetings.

• Scott
    Options

Nope, no more recommendations that I can think of, but Windows default DPI, which you're probably at? Kind of out of ideas, but support. I hope they get it figured out for you. You've been very prompt and helpful in your thread :)

• hobbitmannn
    hobbitmannn ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options

I hope they release a patch to fix the bug :(

• Scott
    Options

Remember, the only way they may know how to fix it, and possibly come up with a patch, is for you to proceed with step 3 of Gjoksi's post by submitting the log file and screenshot. If you have already started the process, I apologize, I'm not trying to nag you, but just making sure in trying to help you out, as Gjoksi has also done :)

Kind regards,

Scott

• hobbitmannn
    Options

• Scott
    edited February 2023
    Options

Just a follow-up to this thread. I had the same issue happen to me. In my case, it was when running Windows remote desktop from my notebook to my tower PC. My tower PC screen is 1920 x 1080, and my notebook screen is a 3x2 - 2256 x 1504 display. It happened during the session. After I ended the session, the widget went back to normal on the tower PC screen.

So it seems to have something to do with changing resolutions, in which case it appears hard for the Widget coding to be able to keep up with it.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello everyone,

The widget indeed displays scroll bars when screen scale is set to anything higher than 100%.

We have internal repro on 150% and higher and the developers are working on a fix.

Thank you for your patience and for sharing your valuable feedback here.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• hobbitmannn
    Options

the problem not solved, only fix is you change the escale image