Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Password manager / Installation + accounts?

Options
FredetChic
edited March 2023 in Password Manager

Hi there,

I just bought Bitdefender security Suite that comes with 10 licences (devices).

I took this to protect the entire family.

However, I may have missed something but how do I do for each user (wife and kids) to have their own password manager account? It seems that I can only create one for the main account and use it on different devices but it doesn't make sense that I share all my account infos with kids for example! There should be another way for that, right?

Same thing for installation: Am I supposed to give email used to buy licence (and attached password) to each kid so that they can setup bitdefender on their device and have access to their taskBoard? The concept of "profiles" does not exist on bitdefender? I should have missed something ;)

Thanks!

fred

Comments

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    Options

Hi @FredetChic

As of now, there is only one password manager account, the subscription holders. The ability to have multiple Password Manager accounts is due to come out by the end of the 2nd quarter, hopefully. I'm still not sure of how many users that will include. @Alexandru_BD do we have any update regarding the release date, and of number of users that it will allow?

As far as your second question, no, you do not need to give the other family members your Central email used, or your password to install Bitdefender on their devices. Simply follow the steps from this article, from the "I have multiple devices. How do I install Bitdefender on another device", tab. They will not be able to log into your central account, also, they would not have their own Central account dashboard, as the subscription holder, you are their "custodian".

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

The multi-user feature should become available towards the end of the 2nd quarter. However, the official release date and number of users are yet to be confirmed.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• FredetChic
    Options

Thanks, will check that!

• If I were to stay with BitDefender as it increasingly charges separately for separate bits of the total security program, would I, if I subscribed to the "new" password manager, be able to install and use it on both of my devices, or would BitDefender insist I pay the extra for the Shared version?

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi @amserhwylio

If you purchase Password Manager, you, as the subscription holder can use it on as many of your devices as needed. As of now, I have it on 7 different devices. The Family Plan is different, as it allows the use of 3 separate accounts for family members. The first being the subscription holder, and the other 3 being for other family members. At least that's how I understand it.

See if this thread and my post help to explain that plan.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Scott, thank you for the clarification.