It's possible block or disable the funtion "Mobile Hotspot" of Windows 10 / Windows 11 with BitDefender?
Since you need help with business product, @Alex_Dr or @Andra_B (they both provide support for business products) could take a look here and help you with the issue.
Also, you can always contact the Bitdefender business support:
FOR HOME USERS:
There are two ways to disable the Mobile Hotspot function of Windows 10/11 with BitDefender:
Create a firewall exception rule for the Mobile Hotspot.
1) Open BitDefender.
2) Click Protection.
3) In the Antivirus pane, click Open.
4) In the Advanced tab, click Firewall.
5) Click Outbound Rules.
6) Click Create Rule.
7) In the Rule Name field, enter a name for the rule.
8) In the Protocol and Ports field, select TCP and enter 192.168.137.1 as the local IP address and 0-65535 as the local ports.
9) In the Action field, select Allow.
10) Click Save.
Disable the BitDefender firewall.
5) Click the On/Off switch to disable the firewall.
Note: If you disable the BitDefender firewall, your computer will be less protected from malware and other threats.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
1) If you create a firewall exception rule, the Mobile Hotspot will still be blocked if BitDefender's stealth mode is enabled.
2) If you disable the BitDefender firewall, you will need to re-enable it if you want to use other features that require a firewall, such as file sharing or remote desktop.
FOR BUSINESS/ENTERPRISE USERS:
1) Log in to your BitDefender Gravity Zone account.
2) Click on the Devices tab.
3) Select the device that you want to disable the Mobile Hotspot function for.
4) Click on the Protection tab.
5) Under Network Protection, uncheck the Allow Mobile Hotspot checkbox.
6) Click on the Save button.
7) Once you have followed these steps, the Mobile Hotspot function will be disabled for the selected device.
Note: If you are using a BitDefender Gravity Zone license that does not include network protection, you will not be able to disable the Mobile Hotspot function.
1) If you disable the Mobile Hotspot function, you will not be able to share your internet connection with other devices.
2) If you enable the Mobile Hotspot function again, you will need to reconnect any devices that were previously connected to your hotspot.
OMEN Laptop 15-en1037AX (Bitdefender Total Security) & Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra (Bitdefender Mobile Security)
Hi, we have GravityZone Bussines Security Premium BitDefender. We have a lot Laptops with windows a few with Windows 11 and another with Windows 10. A few user enable the "Mobile Hotspot" to share a WiFi for their cellphones. I don't want to full disable the WiFi Network adaptador of the laptop(all of them are conected with ethernet), in case of they need to move.
But if we want to disable the "Mobile Hotspot". I followed your instructions., but I dont have the "Device" tab, or any similar to "Mobile Hotspot". You know if it possible to block this funtion?
I thanks you a lot for the help.
@Alex_Dr or @Andra_B do you have any suggestions for @GM Infrastructure 's above post?
All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/