Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Safepay changes as of July 11

Options
CJHarris
CJHarris Mr.
edited July 2023 in Privacy

Just curious has Bitdefender made changes to Safepay in Total Security in the last few days? I ask because Total Security updated today prompting a reboot, and afterwords Safepay would neither open from the widget on the Dashboard or automatically open through whitelisted websites on regular browsers. I also noticed Safepay has it's own program and icon separate from Total Security in windows much like Bitdefender VPN. I'm pretty sure the widget and automatic opening issues are probably bugs with the update, but i can't find any mention of Bitdefender separating Safepay from Total Security into it's own separate application.

Best Answer

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @CJHarris,

You can also create a desktop shortcut for Safepay and it does have its own icon indeed. To create this shortcut, you can follow these steps:

On windows 10:

Click on the windows button > search for safepay > right click > open file location > right click the shortcuts in the folder that opened > send to > desktop create shortcut.

On windows 11:

Click on the windows button > search for safepay > right click > open file location > right click the shortcuts in the folder that opened > show more options > send to > desktop create shortcut

However, if Safepay isn't working as expected after the latest update, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact channels available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• DIVERSE
    DIVERSE ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I may have misinterpreted this comment:

"Safepay does not have a separate executable that can be opened in a sandbox environment, it is designed to be the only open application, for security reasons." [Emphases added.]

So actually there is a separate executable file — in my case it's located at

"C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security App\safepay\obk.exe"

This is pretty helpful to know about, because suddenly today I was unable to launch Safepay from the usual icon in the Dashboard of the Bitdefender Security Center. When I click that icon — or even double-click it — it fails silently, i.e. it apparently does nothing. (The other functions in the Dashboard are responding properly.) This is a 'new' problem. However, I have not used Safepay for several weeks, as far as I recall.

Fortunately, Safepay does correctly run when launched from the EXE file. (Probably it would also run from the associated shortcut.)

Good news, as I was worried this might have been a premature end-of-support issue (cf. support & limitations). ...I'm not looking forward to that deadline as it is :-(

—DIVERSE

P.S. I am running Bitdefender Internet Security build 27.0.18.96 on Windows 8.1 (64-bit).

• DIVERSE
    DIVERSE ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

"This is pretty helpful to know about, because suddenly today I was unable to launch Safepay from the usual icon in the Dashboard of the Bitdefender Security Center. When I click that icon — or even double-click it — it fails silently, i.e. it apparently does nothing."

It's working again: I can launch Safepay by clicking the icon in the Dashboard again now.

• Thanks for following up @DIVERSE, good to know it's working again 👍️

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user