Adware Removal Tool for PC

Options

Is this product active ?

If it is not active why the site is running ?

https://www.bitdefender.com/media/html/adware-removal-tool-for-pc/

Thanks in davance

Best Answer

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello.

I've just received an e-mail from Radu M. (Technical Support Engineer) on Ticket No. 1008732388:

"Please note that Bitdefender Adware Remover is now obsolete and cannot be used anymore. If you would like to remove adware from your device, kindly refer to the steps in this Bitdefender article:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2574/"

Regards.

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

While Bitdefender's mainline stream product already detects adware, it is not known whether the Bitdefender Adware Removal Tool gets updated on a regular basis with latest Adware definition.

Kindly contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Based on your selected product and the type of issue you're facing, you can get in touch with a support representative through email, chat, or a phone call.

If you choose email, you will receive a ticket number on your registered email. The support team will reply within the next 24-48 hours, excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

My specs: OS Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x64 With Latest Windows Updates Installed, OS Build 19045.3570 and Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19052.1000.0

I downloaded the exe file from the link you provided, double-clicked on the file, but nothing happened, the BDPUARLauncher.exe file didn't start at all, eve with "Run as administrator".

So, i contacted Bitdefender Consumer Support and send them the Support Tool log file.

All we can do now is to wait for their response.

Regards.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

You are correct. Upon downloading and installing, it attempts to download Bitdefender security products instead of the Bitdefender adware removal tool.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Bsa
    Options

Obiuslvy the logical answer !

Better should be to remove the page or and adv that say "no more active"

Thanks everyone

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

Just following up here.

Indeed, the Adware Remover is not available anymore and the page will be updated to reflect that.

Thank you @Gjoksi for making an inquiry about this to our Support teams and thank you @Bsa for reporting this in the community! 👍️

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user