Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Mobile Banking Apps cannot work together with Bitdefender Mobile Security, how can I fix it?

Options

Bitdefender Mobile Security conflict Mobile Banking app

Answers

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Taipm ,

I think that you should contact Support. I use a mobile banking app with Mobile Security. I have no issues. I have not heard about this issue. It could be that your banking app(s) have a security configuration that conflicts with Bitdefender. Some banks increase their security features and don't inform Bitdefender, so it is important that Support investigate such issues and rectify them.

Chat is the fastest way to reach Support. Telephone support is not toll-free, but you do also have an email option.

Please post back and let us know what Support advises.

Thank you, and have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

@Taipm does the banking app work if you disable Web Protection in Mobile Security? Normally, there should be no conflicts. However, since Web Protection relies on a local VPN connection to keep your traffic safe, it could be that the banking side blocks it, like @garioch7 explained above.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

To add, if you are using any kind of VPN on your Android device, including the Bitdefender VPN for Android, banking apps will not work, as the traffic is routed through the VPN servers. Additionally, if you are using any ad blocker app on your Android device, banking apps will also not work, as all traffic is routed through the ad blocker app.

In my case, when I use any VPN on my Android device, my banking app prompts me to disable the VPN. I also use AdGuard ad blocker for Android, and when it is enabled, my banking app again prompts me to disable it.

If you are not using any such apps, you should contact Bitdefender support, as mentioned by @garioch7

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Taipm
    Options

Hello,
    Many mobile banking apps also face this issue. This is Mobile Banking doesn't want Bitdefender Mobile Security monitoring it. So It requires turn off the feature "App anomaly detection" of Bitdefender Mobile Security, then continue use mobile banking for transaction.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

The web protection component is filtering the traffic to ensure you don't land on a harmful website. Usually, when VPN encryption is being used, it triggers some warnings on their end. I don't think all banks require this, but there are cases where, due to the over vigilance of several banks, connecting a VPN for example often triggers fraud warnings when you use it to conduct your online banking.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited April 9
    Options

If the banking app is requesting you to disable the App Anomaly Detection, you can proceed and disable it temporarily while you use your banking app. App Anomaly Detection is a behavior blocker that checks the behavior of app running on your Android device, particularly when an app is opened. This feature may not be essential in real-time, so you can safely disable it and re-enable it when you're finished with your banking app.

You will still remain safe and protected by the primary line of defense, which is Bitdefender's signature-based detection. This relies on cloud-based technology, so an internet connection is required.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)