Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

My IP address shows up as "244.234.30.10fasdfadsfadsfasdfads"

Options
LaserMouse33
edited April 19 in VPN

When I first start my PC and open bit defender vpn, it shows my IP as 244.234.30.10fasdfadsfadsfadsfads then quickly changes to "no network connected" even though I am connected to the internet. It says the same thing after I connect to the VPN. What is going on? I'm worried someone is trying to spoof my IP or something of the sort.

Comments

• My VPN also blocks about a tracker a minute, even if I'm doing nothing with my PC. Is this normal??

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @LaserMouse33,

Reinstalling the VPN should fix it, as the developers have corrected this IP issue.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited April 19
    Options

The anti-tracker module filters all traffic on the device and it's possible that although you are not doing anything explicitly on the device at that moment, there may still be applications running in the background that generate traffic.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• OBC
    Options

My VPN showing this suspicious ip 244.234.30.10fasdfadsfadsfasdfads then blanks out indicating that the ip address is not connected which is concerning. Plus when optimizing the Privacity scan is indicating a huge amount of data with each interval. I've ran all the scans , rebooted, and replugged my computer for caution but the same issues keeps showing. The scans indicated no problems Will I need to uninstall my entire Bitdefender in order to reinstall is to the original settings? ty

• LaserMouse33
    edited May 14
    Options

This was the same exact issue I was having. What do you mean "when optimizing the privacy scan" and being able to see the data transferred. I'd like to check that out on my end. Unfortunately the only way I was able to fix this was by accident when I was installing a new ssd. I had to reformat all of my drives and boot from a windows USB. I would say to try and reinstall BD first before trying that though. So far I haven't seen it happen again, but I'll keep an eye out

• OBC
    Options

When I click on the OneClick Optimizer the Privacity Cleaner shows how many issues were found to be cleared. Thank you I will reinstall BD to see if it resolves itself :)