Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Epson scanner runs very slowly

Options

Since installing Bitdefender a few weeks ago it is taking minutes to scan documents that used to scan in seconds. When I remove Bitdefender the scans speed up again.

How do I configure Bitdefender to not check the files being created by my Epson scanner?

Thanks for any help - aplogies if this question has been asked before

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

It seems that you are not the only user with this issue, as it was reported before:

My specs:

Asus X551CA
    Core i3-3217U 1.8GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000, 4GB DDR3, 120GB SATA-III SSD
    OS Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x64 With Latest Windows Updates Installed
    OS Build 19045.4355
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0
    BD Total Security 27.0.35.147

I personally use HP LaserJet MFP 28a (connected via USB) and never had any issues with delayed scanning and/or printing.

So, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:
    https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/
    Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

Select: How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender products -> Troubleshooting -> Bitdefender Total Security, click on Contact Support in the black box and then click on Chat 24/7.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!
    Regards.

• EhudPaz
    Options

Hi

I had such with my Brother.

In my PC it occurred due to blocked ports of printer, since I accidently blocked it with the Firewall.

If using BD Firewall, need to approve it as trusted.

Else, need to enter printer's manufacturer website, check for needed ports (including type - TCP/UDP) and open it in Microsoft Firewall.