Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

New Parental Control - Today's update - "No Subscription" message

Options

I have the same problem as half_life below, but unfortunately it doesn't go away.

I've restarted the unit, reinstalled both "Bitdefender Mobile Security" (v 3.3.236.2418) and "Bitdefender Parental Control" (v 5.0.157) and also removed the unit from Bitdefender Central.

The error only occurs in the Parental Control app and not the Mobile Security app.

When opening the parental control app the first time I enter my usual e-mail address and password. I get no options to set any access controls and instead get an error message.

The error message translated to English is ""No Subscription. You need a parental control subscription to create positive digital habits and handle which content your child should have access to.".

There's a blue "Logout" button on this screen, but it's not possible to use it. You're told a a parental PIN is needed, but there's no field where to enter it.

I've manually given the parental control app access to Location, Notifications and Phone. I've manually disabled "Pause app activity if the app is not used".

The unit with the problem is a Lenovo TB350FU using Android 13. It's running Google Family Link at the same time, which has not been a problem in the past. I'm using Bitdefender Central on Windows 11, usually with Firefox, and have the license "Bitdefender Family Pack".

Comments

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited May 10
    Options

Hello, @Empowered

Since this is a newer version of Parental Controls, we don't have enough insight on the forum to be able to help you, but only to direct you to BD Support (engineers, developers).

You can get a hold of Support at https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Select, How Tos & TroubleshootingTroubleshootingI don't knowContact Support→ and you will get the option of chatcall or email. Chat is the quickest way to get thing started, phone support is not toll-free.

Kind regards.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Empowered
    Options

Thanks for the answer.

However, after an additional half hour of re-installations and clicking around on access settings it seem to work again. I'm not sure if this is what solved the issue or not.

If I would make a wild guess I think there's a parental control license database somewhere or a parental control access cache somewhere - which takes an awful lot of time to update.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited May 10
    Options

Thank you for letting us know @Empowered. It seemed to be the same case for Half_Life, as you mentioned, where it resolved itself.

I'll call attention to @Alexandru_BD just so he can be up to speed regarding this, for when he gets back in on Monday.

Kind regards.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• fgungordu
    Options

I have the same problem after update.. Parental control says "no subscription" but I have one. Need immediate help please

• Empowered
    Options

I got the same problem on two other units (mobile phones). Because we needed them for voting during the Eurovision Song contest we uninstalled Parental Control completely.

We'll re-install sometime in the future when we're sure the problems with Parental Control has been fixed.

• fgungordu
    Options

problem solved after some reinstall. During installation progres i used google account to sign in and worked. Bitdefenderemail and password sign in option not worked. Try sing in with using your google account.

• JLeca
    Options

I'm having the same problem with 2 devices.

Please fix the problem.

Is this related with the VPN? It seams that with the VPN on Parent Control can not communicate with Bitdefender database.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello everyone,

The developers are aware of this behavior and will release a fix soon.

Thank you for your feedback! 👍️

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• BuPe
    Options

I have the same issue, thanks for the link to support, I will open a ticket with the vendor.

• BuPe
    Options

After updating Bitdefender Mobile Security on my Android 11 Samsung device the Parental Control app also started to work.