Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender central showing devices as disconnected after receiving free month sub

Options
Petersl
Petersl Defender of the month

Hi everyone,

What happens when you remove a device for example a windows 10 pc from the central? Is this device then no longer protected?

I ask because I had an issue with the central and a few of my devices showed as disconnected in bitdefender central for about a day because of an issue in central.

It happened after bitdefender added a free month subscription to my account because of the "bitdefender of the month" reward and there was an issue with some of my devices not correctly syncing with my bitdefender account, there was some sort of a delay with some of my devices.

Does this mean that for this day my devices where not protected? They still showed as protected, they still updated and everything showed as on.

Thx

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited May 19
    Options

Until today, there have been no issues with your protection status. There may have been a temporary synchronization error. The best course of action would be to remove all devices from your online Bitdefender Central account, which will automatically log you out of every device where the Bitdefender product is installed. Subsequently, you can proceed to sign in again on all your devices, and they will synchronize with your online Bitdefender Central account.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Petersl
    Options

Hi @Flexx

I have done this for 2 of the 4 devices that showed as disconnected, the other 2 seems to have corrected it on itself and show as normal now central.

Should I remove these devices as well and then sign in again with them?

What do you mean "Until today, there have been no issues with your protection status."? Can you see in my account that there is an issue today? All my devices show as normal at this time in central.

Thx

• Flexx
    Options

You can ignore the phrase "until today". The most effective approach if you encounter any issues with your devices in online Bitdefender Central is to remove that particular device from there and then resynchronize it by logging into your device again. As for checking your online Bitdefender Central account, you can either do so through Bitdefender support or have the Bitdefender forum admin, @Alexandru_BD, check it for you.

Regards

• Petersl
    Options

Hi @Flexx

Thank you for this advice, I'll do as you suggest and remove my devices that showed as disconnected. Should I do this for all my devices? I mean I have 6 devices in my account but only 4 of them had this disconnected issue, should I also do this with the 2 devices that showed no issue?

And does it matter if I do it one by one or should I first remove all the devices then log them all back in?

• Flexx
    Options

For the ones that are perfect, you can ignore them. Only address the disconnected ones. Also, whether you want to remove them one by one or all at once is totally up to you. However, make sure that when you remove the devices from online Bitdefender Central, you sign in again on your devices to resynchronize them online Bitdefender Central.

Regards

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

@Petersl I'll try to help you out here.

What happens when you remove a device for example a windows 10 pc from the central? Is this device then no longer protected? - When you remove a device from your Bitdefender subscription / license you basically free up a slot if that particular device is no longer in your possession, if it’s inactive and longer works, or if you simply don’t want it associated with your Bitdefender Central account. The device will no longer be protected, since it won't be associated with an active subscription / license, even though Bitdefender may still be installed on that device, it will display the 'At risk' status.

I ask because I had an issue with the central and a few of my devices showed as disconnected in bitdefender central for about a day because of an issue in central. Does this mean that for this day my devices where not protected? They still showed as protected, they still updated and everything showed as on. - this could have been just a temporary display glitch in Central. If Bitdefender displays the message "You are protected" accompanied by the green shield, this means that the antivirus is operational and protects the devices on which it is installed and where this message appears.

@Flexx - Until today, there have been no issues with your protection status. - We cannot say this with certainty, because we do not have access to the status of the protected devices in Central, or to the way in which they are displayed, or to the notifications that the user receives in Central, to express our opinion here. We can assume that this was a temporary synchronization error, however to be sure, the user would have to check this with the Bitdefender Support teams, for peace of mind.

The most effective approach if you encounter any issues with your devices in online Bitdefender Central is to remove that particular device from there and then resynchronize it by logging into your device again. - That would be one way to do it, but if you bring up Bitdefender on that device and it shows that it's protecting it, it wouldn't be necessary, really. At the very most you can use the 'Switch Account' feature to synchronize the device once again with the Central subscription / license, but then again this action is only recommended if the device appears unprotected in the Bitdefender interface.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Petersl
    Options

Hi @Alexandru_BD

When I removed a windows 10 pc from central it did not show as "at risk" in the app, even after rebooting the pc it still showed all green.

Does this mean that the device is still protected even when not synced with central?

I have added the device again to central.

Thx

• Petersl
    Options

Hi @Alexandru_BD

I have added all my devices back to central (6 total), however in my bitdefender app it shows I can still add 9 extra devices. This device is the first one I added, the third device I added shows 7 extra devices I can add, the fourth device 6 and so on (the second device I added is an android so this one doesn't show a counter).

Will this counter update to the correct amount?

Thx

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited May 20
    Options

If you wanted to try going to the top right of the App where it says My Account, click it and tick, Switch Account and enter your email address and PW used for your Central account, to see if it resyncs to the correct number on that device.

If that doesn't work, as long as your Central account is showing the correct number of devices installs, I would probably just leave it and see if it corrects itself over time. If desired, you can get a hold of support, which can be found here.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Kind regards.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Petersl
    Options

Hi @Alexandru_BD

I have the bitdefender vpn installed on 5 of my 6 devices, 4 on windows and 1 on android, 1 windows device I don't have the bitdefender vpn installed.

Now in central it shows incorrectly as 4 out of 6 devices installed with the vpn and it shows 3 windows and 1 android.

In the devices tab in central it shows 4 windows installed with the vpn, the android device shows it as not installed even thought it's installed on the android and it works on the android and 1 windows pc doesn't show it installed which is correct.

As you can see on the images above it shows the vpn icon on 4 windows correctly pc correctly but not on the android.

As you can see on the image above it shows the vpn installed on 4 devices instead of 5, 3 on windows and 1 on android.

As you can see on the image above it shows it as well as the vpn only being installed on 4 devices instead of 5.