Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Double Scan

Options

Hi All,

For the last few months or so I have noticed an odd "issue". After performing a manual scan using Bitdefender mobile, it gives the usual no threats screen. Tap "got it" and it returns to the screen with the start scan option.

However if I wait about 15-20 seconds another scan will begin and repeat exactly the same thing.

In the stats this second scan is logged as a manual scan as well, even though it was not triggered a second time.

Anyone got any ideas why it's doing it or how to stop it?

I have so far reset the app (removed all data) but this did not help.

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

My specs:

Samsung Galaxy A34 5G (SM-A346B/DSN)
    Android 14
    One UI Core 6.1
    Android Security Patch Level May 1, 2024
    Google Play System Update May 1, 2024
    BD Mobile Security 3.3.242.2440

Just did a test on my phone and i also experienced the same issue as your.

In my case, the double scan took place only once, right after the first manual scan.

I did 5, maybe more manual scans, but as i already said the scan repeated only after the first scan.

Regards.

@Alexandru_BD @agozob

Guys, can you check on this? Thanks.

• Xor
    Options

Hi Gjoksi,

Thanks for the quick response and testing it out - glad to hear it's not just me.

I did the same as you, 5 scans and only the first one triggered a repeating scan, odd one.

It will do the double scan again at some point, just not sure how much time needs to pass.

• Gjoksi
    edited June 24
    Options

Hello.

Exactly 1 (one) hour later, the issue started happening again.

Again, i did 5 manual scans, and again the scan repeated only after the first scan.

You should also contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:
    https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/
    Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

Select: How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender products -> Troubleshooting -> Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android, click on Contact Support in the black box and then click on Chat 24/7.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

I already contacted support. Ticket Number: 1009354347.

Regards.

@Alexandru_BD @agozob

• Gjoksi
    Options

Hello again.

This is the e-mail from Support i got yesterday:

Regards.

• Petersl
    Petersl Defender of the month ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

I also experience this issue on my android tv box, when having ran the first manual scan after boot of my android device the scan runs again after about 20 to 30 seconds.

After a few hours running a manual scan again triggers a second scan again about 20 seconds after the first scan finished.

I also have the wrong scan animation showing while scanning but only with the first manual scan after boot, this first scan after boot shows the cloud update animation while scanning, all other scans I run after the first show the correct scanning animation.