Bitdefender mobile for android not generating the weekly reports issue

Petersl
Petersl ✭✭✭
edited September 5 in Mobile Security

Hi everyone,

For several months now the bitdefender mobile app for android is not generating any weekly reports.

I have a ticket with support about this issue and they have already tried several fixes over the last few months with one time about 2 months ago it did generate a report one time but is was an incomplete report, it only generated the report for the Monday of the week and not the other days.

Then from the next week and all the weeks after that it again did not generate any weekly reports.

In June I received an update from support:

"I have looked into the case and it seems that the situation is caused by an issue that has already been acknowledged by our development team. We are currently working on a fix that will be done by means of an automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end.

I will get back to you with an update regarding the fix as soon as we have one."

I also received an update from support about this issue today:

"I would like to let you know that we are still investigating your bug report, and our development team is working on a permanent fix. As of now, I do not have an estimated date when the fix will be available. Rest assured, I will send you an email once this is resolved."

I'll let you guys now when it is fixed.

Comments

• Flanksy
    Flanksy ✭✭✭

Good day to you @Petersl,

Just want to check with you on this, have you excluded the bitdefender security app in the battery and memory if you are using a samsung device so it does not kill the application. If its for other devices, just want to confirm if you have given the app the permissions it needed? So far I'm using the bitdefender security app and I have been getting the weekly reports as normal which I will provide a screen shot for you with this post.

If you have done it, my advise will be try to reinstall the app and try it with the permission and also to bypass the app in the battery and memory if you are using a samsung device as I noticed this for samsung devices that it will kill the application despite giving it full permissions at times. Android 13 onwards so far I noticed this.

I hope this does help you to try and hopefully resolve the issue as well. At the same time I look forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

Flanksy✌️

The guardians of the digital realm

Bitdefender Premium Security, Digital Identity Protection user

Bitdefender Gravityzone user

• Petersl
    Petersl ✭✭✭

Hi @Flanksy and @enrique8956

The battery has already been ruled out as a cause as my device is a android tv box and not a phone so it doesn't have a battery. The app is completely whitelisted in my device and the bitdefender services are all enabled on it. Thx for the suggestion.

I have also already reinstalled the app several times but the issue is still there, the app does work protecting my device and I can run scans without issue, it just not making any reports of the scans.

This is a known issue with bitdefender support, this first occurred in October 2023 and support has already tried several fixes since then but the bug is still there. Support has contacted me:

"I have looked into the case and it seems that the situation is caused by an issue that has already been acknowledged by our development team. We are currently working on a fix that will be done by means of an automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end."

Thx

• Flanksy
    Flanksy ✭✭✭

Hi @Petersl,

Thank You for the heads up, if its an android tv box then I guess yes, it will be better to follow up with the Bitdefender Support Team. I look forward to hearing if there has been a fix by the team.

Best Regards,

Flanksy

The guardians of the digital realm

Bitdefender Premium Security, Digital Identity Protection user

Bitdefender Gravityzone user

• Petersl
    Petersl ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Update: after my brave app on my android device updated yesterday through the Google play store bitdefender mobile ran an automatic scan on the app for some reason (it normally never runs an automatic scan) then after I rebooted my android device it generated a report for the automatic scan but still no report for the manual scans or the web protection.

So it seems this issue with not generating the weekly reports is only affecting the manual scans and the web protection and does work with the automatic scans.