Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is it possible to be infected with trojan without Bitdefender noticing it?

Options

Hello, my email account got hacked and the hacker send me an email from my own account where he wrote down my password and said that there is now a trojan on my device and explained why my antivirus didn't notice it. I usually don't pay attention to emails like that but I just want to make sure that everything he says in that email is a lie and that he couldn't possibly acces all my documents with Bitdefender active on my computer.

And yes, I realize how stupid I sound but I wanna make sure.

Thank you.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well, this question is a little bit tricky to answer.

One should know that not every vendor can detect each and every type of malware. Every second a new malware is created and we cannot expect the antimalware solution to protect us from them at the same time. Though nowadays almost all antimalware come with behaviour blocking, machine learning including bitdefender but still no antimalware vendor can protect you from each and every threat.

As far as your email goes, until and unless there will be no file downloaded on your system, you are safe from malwares. As per your query the hacker had gained access to your email but not your computer. Hence you are currently safe.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

Answers