dynupate.noip.com BLOCKED with Bitdefender Box

astro4000
astro4000 Defender of the month ✭✭✭
edited September 2022 in Bitdefender Box

After installing bitdeffender box I can no longer remotely connect to one of my devices remotely.

"Bitdefender BOX stopped Win 7 ham XXXXXXX from sending unencrypted authentication data."

Option to Allow access to page. Page will be added to exception list (which I cant find that list)

Yes it is on a Win7 pc.

I can PING that no-ip address no problem. All this worked BEFORE I installed the BOX.

I can remote to a pc on my network and it does connect whether ddns or local IP.

I also have this particular dynupdate running on a win10 pc as well as the win7 pc on the same network. What gives? I get a notification every 5 minutes also.

Help anyone????

Alex

Answers

• Hello @astro4000,

Based on your description of the situation encountered, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• astro4000

Central is showing 3468 Threat blocked thanks to the dynupdater.niop.com as above.

• astro4000

The URL above does NOT work !!

• astro4000

Response from no-ip:

Thank you for contacting No-IP Support. My name is Shauna, and I will be happy to assist you.

You'll need to whitelist our dynamic server within the bitdefender :

dynupdate.no-ip.com.    45  IN  A   158.247.7.204

Please let me know if you have additional questions or concerns.

OK... where is the whitelist to be found in the BOX setting or bitdefender or router possibly?

I can't find anywhere a whitelist setting.

• astro4000

All this happened when I reinstalled the BOX

• astro4000

Your contact support web site really sucks.... hours later and still connecting to next event.

• astro4000

Why is support sooooo slow to reply? I have been a customer for years and .. no help?

• astro4000

Why is BOX blocking the connection? All ports open and whitelisted the dynupdater?

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

It usually takes 2-3, sometimes 5 business days for the response.

BUT, you could PM @Alexandru_BD and/or @Mike_BD (they both work for Bitdefender) your ticket number and they can set your ticket to high priority. That way, you will get a response from the Support team in just a few hours after you PM them.

Regards.

• Hello @astro4000,

Can you PM me the ticket number please, so I can ask my colleagues to prioritize the request?

Regards

• astro4000

Sorry but where do I find the ticket number? Looking but....

• Hi,

I could not locate any recent tickets opened using your e-mail addresses, therefore kindly get in touch with our BOX engineers for further assistance, using the link below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Regards

• astro4000

I have exhausted everything to try to resolve this matter. It has been determined that the BOX is the problem.

Can you resolve this matter

After re installing the BOX, I cannot remotely access my device " dx10.ddns.net:50000 " 

I need 50000 to 50003 ports OPEN

THe BOX is configured properly for this device and my router was configured with port forwarding and triggering same a BOX.

I can ping dx10.ddns.net  but NOT dx10.ddns.net:50000

My ISP confirmed they are NOT blocking these and any ports. No-ip suggested that isp may be blocking but not. I used to remote in back iin February but not now. I am in Florida presently and BOX is in Canada.

So after a total process of elimination, it comes back to the Bitdefender BOX must be blocking these ports. I can access the BOX configurations ok from here and it does not change anything. My set up is (A) modem (B) BOX (C) Asus Router

I have been fighting with this for 2 months now. I believe you are my last option

I have circled back to you with all other avenues exhausted and FED UP

• astro4000

I have whitelisted this in the BOX app:

I have exhausted everything to try to resolve this matter. It has been determined that the BOX is the problem.

Can you resolve this matter

After re installing the BOX, I cannot remotely access my device " dx10.ddns.net:50000 " 

I need 50000 to 50003 ports OPEN

THe BOX is configured properly for this device and my router was configured with port forwarding and triggering same a BOX.

I can ping dx10.ddns.net  but NOT dx10.ddns.net:50000

My ISP confirmed they are NOT blocking these and any ports. No-ip suggested that isp may be blocking but not. I used to remote in back iin February but not now. I am in Florida presently and BOX is in Canada.

So after a total process of elimination, it comes back to the Bitdefender BOX must be blocking these ports. I can access the BOX configurations ok from here and it does not change anything. My set up is (A) modem (B) BOX (C) Asus Router

I have been fighting with this for 2 months now. I believe you are my last option and I am Fed up.

• Hello @astro4000 and thank you for reaching out.

Yes, I am familiar with the situation and regret to hear of the inconvenience you have encountered. I must admit that I don't have much technical experience with the BOX product and based on your description of the situation, I think a remote session would be necessary in order to fix this.

I can provide my expertise in the commercial and technical areas for the home user products and as a community admin, I also act as a liaison between the community members and our internal teams. I'm in charge of the forum management, moderation and content as well.

Therefore, my advice would be to wait for our engineers to reply on the open case. I have requested my colleagues to prioritize your request and they will get back to you as soon as possible. It's the best I can do from my position.

Thank you for your patience and understanding and I hope the situation is resolved in a positive manner.

Best regards,

Alex

• astro4000

I am still waiting, now Nov 18/22.

I even deleted the device from the box and no change. ISP not blocking either. All ports 50000 to 50003 are blocked when I try to ping the device. I have been trying since Aug remotely..... returning home soon to decide the FATE of the box and the BOX subscription.

• Hi @astro4000,

I have just requested an update for you. The BOX engineers will get back to you shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

• astro4000

Thank you....

just copying my answer back to make sure it is read.

I have not done anything as I was out of the country and driving home the past 2 days….. been away for 3 months.

I will try this but I doubt your instructions are clear.

Please give me a contact phone number so I can clearly state that what you want me to do CANNOT be done.

How to connect to MODEM with box in front. I can't log into modem like I can with my BOX and Asus router.

The modem does not block ports that I am aware of. I am ho0me now and want to resolve this once and for all for future trips to access this one device!

DO NOT CLOSE THIS TICKET….. I have been fighting with this nonsense for 3 months and can’t wait weeks for another new response

Alex Szkabarnicki

VA3CKI / VE3AWS

• Hello @astro4000,

I have checked and your support ticket is still open. I have requested our team leads to provide a response asap.

The engineers will get back to you shortly.

Thank you for your patience and I hope the situation can be resolved in a positive manner.

Best regards