New Bitdefender Free icon

HI,

I ask the developers if it would be possible to change the icon of the free version of BDM.

Perhaps it would be nicer to always have an icon with a "B" possibly a little different from that of the paid version so as to let users understand at a glance that it is always a Bitdefender product and therefore of security guarantee. So in my opinion it could be mistaken for the many free AVs that are in the Play Store and many of low quality.

What do you think?

Thanks!😀

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

Comments

• Guilhermesene
    Guilhermesene Defender of the month ✭✭✭

Hello @Nunzio77,

I'm not a Bitdefender Free user, so I can't say exactly, but reading what you said, it really seems like an interesting idea after all it will visually convey to users a greater sense of security by visualizing the Bitdefender "B" on the icon.

On the other hand, doing this won't bring any significant gain to the product and also doesn't affect the final security being something only visual, maybe for this reason the developers haven't implemented it yet.

Stay safe

• Hi @Guilhermesene it certainly wouldn't bring any profit but a user would understand that it is always a free Bitdefender AV and therefore would be more driven to install and use it and by increasing the number of users who use the Free version.

Bitedefender would gain from users who use their cloud and therefore the feedback of good apps and bad apps. 😉

An idea might be an icon with a smaller "B" and "Free" underneath. 😀

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• @Nunzio77 I think your suggestion fits in this thread here:

In my opinion, I think it would be nice for the free products to have a different color than their paid counterparts. Maybe the icon color can be a reference point to differentiate the free versions from the paid ones, in time?

In any case, please feel free to ask our mobile developers input using the above thread, while they are here 😉

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Guilhermesene
    Guilhermesene Defender of the month ✭✭✭

Hi @Nunzio77,

I understand your point of view and I agree (I am not questioning you or going against it).

As you and I said, it is a user experience issue and that in the end also impacts the security issue (even to a lesser extent).

Take care, stay safe.