Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

App Lock Bitdefender

Options

How do I get Bitdefender back on app lock list please help. What have I done. Is my Bitdefender been breached. It doesn't ask me for my biometric print anymore please help

Answers

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    Options

@zakk2115 I deleted one of your threads. Two is enough and they may be combined by @Alexandru_BD if needed.

Thank you,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

There are a few things you can do to get Bitdefender back on the app lock list:

1) Open the Bitdefender Mobile Security app.

2) Tap on the Menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top left corner.

3) Tap on App Lock.

4) Make sure that the App Lock switch is turned on.

5) If Bitdefender is not listed in the Apps list, tap on the Add app button and select Bitdefender from the list of installed apps.

6) Tap on the Lock button to add Bitdefender to the app lock list.

If you have cleared the app lock settings in Bitdefender, you will need to set them up again. To do this, open the Bitdefender Mobile Security app and tap on the Menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top left corner. Tap on Settings > App Lock and follow the instructions to set up a PIN or fingerprint lock.

If you are still having trouble getting Bitdefender back on the app lock list, you can contact Bitdefender support for help.

It is unlikely that your Bitdefender has been breached. The most likely explanation is that you have accidentally cleared the app lock settings. However, it is always a good idea to check your Bitdefender security settings to make sure that they are up to date.

If issue persists, kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Alternatively, you can also share your query with bitdefender mobile support team by dropping them an email at bms@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• zakk2115
    zakk2115 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello. I don't see the three horizontal lines when I open the app

• Scott
    Options

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Flexx
    Options

• Scott
    edited August 2023
    Options

@zakk2115

If all else fails, you could uninstall the app, and reinstall it, in which case it will ask you to create a Biometric/PIn etc.

You would also need to delete the device from Central after you uninstall it, so that it will refresh with Central on the new install.

If further help is needed, you can contact Support from the link below. On the How To's and Troubleshooting box, go through the prompts until reach the black Contact Support box. You will have three options, Chat, email and phone support, which is not toll-free. Chat can be the quickest way to get things started.

Kind regards,

Scott

• MAC1
    edited November 2023
    Options

I've got Bitdefender on my new Samsung Galaxy S-23 Ultra. When I open my banking app, it says that this app is locked with Bitdefender App Lock...and allows me to use biometrics to authenticate by scanning my fingerprint. I appreciate the extra layer of security. Now,this may sound morbid but I'm 78 years old and not in the best of health. I'm wondering how my family will access my bank account app when I pass away. Is there a way they can bypass the Bitdefender App Lock? Can they go to the Bank website and log in from there just using my login info/password? If not, is it safe to remove my banking app from the Bitdefender App Lock and, if so, how do I do that? Sorry to bother you with that but I'm not very tech literate and I don't want to do anything that would put my banking information at risk. Thanks in advance for helping this old fart out.

• AndyAmzel
    Options

So this problem is still there. I've activated App Lock on my Android phone and locked the listed apps that need that protection. But Bitdefender isn't listed, so that obviously makes App Lock pointless. I followed the procedure above, didn't work. I followed the link to Support, which just took me round in circles - no helpful articles and no link to live chat or email contact. Not very impressive.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @AndyAmzel,

Should you wish to get in touch with the Support teams, use this link:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

The first step would be to choose the issue you need help with, then type of issue, select your product and then you will receive a few recommended articles, and the option to contact the Bitdefender Support teams directly. Select 'Contact Support', then choose the desired channel. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

There you have it, it's that easy.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Flexx
    edited April 20
    Options

Here are the steps you can follow directly.

Kindly visit the Bitdefender support website  https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Select, Activate and Install → Install → I don't know → Contact Support → You will get the option of chatcall or email.

Regards

• btomaz
    Options

App Lock function is completely unreliable and does not protect any apps. Many comments point out the BD App Lock issue, but the company seems to ignore it. I tried every by BD suggested solution without success. This issue forced me to use a third-party product that works well, which BD should, especially since I pay for BD 🤔 I suggest BD make App Lock a separate app or remove it from BD functionality. Have Samsung S23 Ultra, UI 1.6.

• AndyAmzel
    Options

That's my experience too. I've set my home wifi network to trusted but still have to use fingerprint id to open protected apps. But when I'm on other networks, protected apps sometimes open without id. Not what you want - unreliability in a security app. Will look elsewhere. BTW I'm a passing Bitdefender user too.

• btomaz
    Options

I agree. BD has become less and less reliable compared to years before. Hopefully, the protection works well, but other functionalities deteriorate. Theft protection cannot be turned on despite entering the pin. Suddenly, after a day or two without any intervention, it started working. Weird. The same goes for web protection. Despite being turned on, BD warns that it is not enabled. Again, the warning disappears after a while, leaving me to doubt whether it is enabled. As mentioned before, the necessity to use a third-party solution instead of a built-in function is the peak of dissatisfaction with the product. Did you find any other software protecting PC and Mobile devices with the same subscription?