Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unified Wintum 56 ?

Options
Mave
Mave Mr.

What is this Unified Wintum 56 and how come i am connected with it ?

Best Answer

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Mave ,

Welcome to the Bitdefender Forums. Just to add to what @Flexx has stated, the Unified Wintun adapter is also used by Bitdefender VPN. Here are screenshots from my computer. The first is with Bitdefender VPN connected.

The next screenshot is with the Bitdefender VPN disconnected.

There is nothing to be concerned about if you are using Bitdefender VPN.

I hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Unified Wintun is a type of virtual network adapter that is often used by VPN connections like OpenVPN and WireGuard. It was originally designed for use with WireGuard and is more lightweight and efficient than the TAP adapter previously used for OpenVPN.

If you’re seeing Unified Wintun on your computer, it’s likely because a VPN or similar service installed it. For instance, Bitdefender users have reported seeing Unified Wintun after upgrading their software

For more information, kindly contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Based on your selected product and the type of issue you're facing, you can get in touch with a support representative through email, chat, or a phone call.

If you choose email, you will receive a ticket number on your registered email. The support team will reply within the next 24-48 hours, excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Mave
    Options

Good afternoon, many thanks for your reply. I am very glad everything is ok. Have a nice weekend. Best regards . Mave

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Mave ,

Thank you for posting back. I, too, was confused by that network adapter appearing when I started using BD VPN.

I am glad that we could help. Don't hesitate to come back if any other questions or issues arise.

The volunteer team is always happy to learn that we have been of assistance.

Have a great weekend, too.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor