Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Privacy Control Is Disabled

Options

Hi

I cant enable Privacy Control, its greyed out all the time even if i put a tick there , i can enable the Registry tab and thats it .

any ideas

Rich

post-16083-1296664587_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Hi

I cant enable Privacy Control, its greyed out all the time even if i put a tick there , i can enable the Registry tab and thats it .

any ideas

Rich

bump

• I see you are running BDAV Pro 2011. More information about your PC configuration would help. What OS do you have - WinXP, Vista, Win7? 32-bit or 64-bit? Is this a new install of BDAV or had it been working until recently? Did Privacy Control ever work? Do you have any other security program(s) installed?

In the meantime, I would recommend running a Repair of BD:

1. Go to Windows Start-->All Programs-->BitDefender 2011-->Repair or Remove. Follow the on-screen instructions to Repair BD. NOTE: running the Repair will do 2 things: reset any custom options/settings you may have made back to factory defaults, so write down any changed settings so you can put them back later; and it will restore BD to the original Build version.

2. Reboot the PC when the Repair has finished and update the product by right-clicking on the BD icon in the Windows System Tray and selecting Update Now. You can view the Build version by right-clicking on the BD icon in the Windows System Tray and select About to view the Build version. The current Build version should display as 14.0.24.337.

3. You may have to reboot the PC and do an Update Now several times in order to get up to the current Build version.

Regards,