Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vsserv Resource Hog?

Options

Hi

Just wondering, does vsserv normally take so much resource? Ram usage spike started about 1-2 days ago. The highest I've seen the ram usage go up to is 80%.

Highest I've seen vsserv hit is 500,000+

Bringing the whole system down down to a crawl.

Been using Bitdefender for awhile now so this change is quite sudden and strange.

Any reason to why this might be?

post-46543-1297361095_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Hello,

When exactly you observe these spikes in the VSSERV memory usage ? Any particular time when this occurs ? (i.e. after returning the PC from hibernation, when you run a certain software, when you perform Windows updates etc)

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello,

When exactly you observe these spikes in the VSSERV memory usage ? Any particular time when this occurs ? (i.e. after returning the PC from hibernation, when you run a certain software, when you perform Windows updates etc)

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

I'll tell you when it does it to me....just before an update system crawls, during an update system is unusable until the update is complete, it doesn't even need to hog resources completely it just slows it right down until it is finished and looking at the system resourses vsserv is about 200MB and using 95% CPU this has always been the case even back to 2008. The most annoying part is those updates are going on even when I have told BDTS2011 to only carry them out every two hours, I have had 2MB then a 3MB update today within 10 minutes of each other!

• Hello,

Dangermouse can you please generate full logs using Support Tool as explained below then upload it to an online file sharing follow by a PM to me with the download link.

1. First please unplug the internet cable from your computer or disable your Wireless Adapter, if you are connected to a wireless network.

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select "Run as Administrator"

5. Check the box to "Agree and allow BitDefender to gather related information from your computer" and click on the Next button

6. In the next window enter your email address, select the problem type and enter a description of the issue you encounter

7. Check the box next to "Try to reproduce the problem before submitting" and hit the Next button

8. Choose the issue type and again hit Next

9. When asking to enable additional logging (a pop-up message will appear when you click on the Next button at step 8) please save all open Documents and hit the Yes button to restart the PC

10. After the restart, a new window will pop-up where you will be asked to reproduce the issue you encounter. If you have already done that please check the box next to "I have reproduced the issue" and hit the Next button

11. Wait for the tool to generate the logs then click on Finish. You will be asked to restart the PC again to disable the logging options of BitDefender.

12. After restart look on your Desktop for the created SupportTool file. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your C:\ drive)

13. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

14. Send me the PM with the log file.

Thank you!

Regards,