[resolved]Bitfedender Total Security Scans Nonexistant Z:\ Drive

2»

Comments

• NOTE: for those posting about the scan hanging while scanning the JAR extension in the Adobe Program Files folder, be kindly informed that you are facing a different issue, not the one posted here regarding the Scan of the Z drive. So far I can't associate the two scanning issues. Working on a resolution so please bear with me. Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Same problem here...started about a week ago. I do have a Z drive which is my photo unit in my HP Office Jet 7410 multi function printer...that has always been there.

MY deep system scan freezes at the Adobe file, afe.jar file(s) also....I have added the jar extension as an "exception" and so far so good...but the Deep Scan is running now...clears with a contextual scan in the Adobe directory though ?

Win 7 Pro 64bit SP1 IE 8

Will also wait for an answer here ??

TRinAZ

Deep systen scan finishes normally now and no hang-ups with the *.jar extension in "excluded" extensions list...

For Danny Dan...the dates on the jar files are as indicated in the attached jpg...note...these files are the orginal version isntalled in Jan 2010 when I setup this sytem...prior to this...I installed BDIS2010 after the new Win 7 Pro 64bit install...then programs (Adobe Web Preimium CS4, etc)...so...

The Adobe *.jar files have not caused an issue for over a year with either BD2010 or BD2011 (2011 installed around Oct 2010)

Hope this helps...

TRinAZ

BD%20jar%20error.jpg

• Hello,

Is any of you available for a remote in the next 30 minutes ? This ONLY applies for those users dealing with the Z scan issue.

Please reply as soon as possible via PM !

Thank you!

• Hello,

Is any of you available for a remote in the next 30 minutes ? This ONLY applies for those users dealing with the Z scan issue.

Please reply as soon as possible via PM !

Thank you!

if you want a remote connection on my pc, let me know, i am actually on my PC with the Z:/ problem... meanwhile i noticed the same problem also on my labtop!!!

• Hi Maravilha00,

Sent you the remote details via PM. Complete the steps and send me the connection details (ID and password for TeamViewer) via PM ONLY !

Thanks!

• maravilha00
    edited May 2011
    Hi Maravilha00,

Sent you the remote details via PM. Complete the steps and send me the connection details (ID and password for TeamViewer) via PM ONLY !

Thanks!

pls note also that the supporttool.exe DID NOT WORK, it started and never ended once, the 2nd time it produced a severe error message...but never ends.

let me know if you are connecting right now while i am on my pc.

• adek
    edited May 2011

In my opinion BitDefender team should look at latest updates from Adobe corp., possibly Flash issue on win 7 x64, and regarding tickets I will wait for general solution becouse I see this as a general problem.

There must be some sort of connection between stalling on Adobe .jar file (win 7 x64 - BitDefender 2010) and stalling on fake Z:\ drive (win 7 x64 - BitDefender 2011)...my suspect is Flash

• Unknown
    edited May 2011

Hello everyone,

We have finished testing on the issue presented in this topic: Scanning of Z drive (nonexistent ). I would first like to thank everyone for their patience and support in resolving this issue. The fix will be available very soon however I can't provide you with an exact ETA on it yet. We strive in resolving it by the end of this week.

All users will be contacted via email to let you know when to update BitDefender to apply the fix. If I have missed anyone in creating a ticket, please PM me directly and we'll create a ticket in no-time.

The tests can now confirm that the two issues (Adobe and Scan of Z drive) are NOT related.

BOTH issues are now addressed and we are working on a fix as we speak. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused and feel free to contact us if you need any further info.

Best regards,

• Thank you for the prompt response and the priority attention you are giving it, much appreciated!

• Re:

"We have finished testing on the issue presented in this topic: Scanning of Z drive (nonexistent ). I would first like to thank everyone for their patience and support in resolving this issue. The fix will be available very soon however I can't provide you with an exact ETA on it yet.

Looking forward to the fix. Thanks for jumping on this.

• Putting it into 'game mode' has stopped it

• Hi I am also having the drive z: hanging issue on both my pc's I would like to also be updated via email on the resolving of this issue thanks

Hello everyone,

We have finished testing on the issue presented in this topic: Scanning of Z drive (nonexistent ). I would first like to thank everyone for their patience and support in resolving this issue. The fix will be available very soon however I can't provide you with an exact ETA on it yet. We strive in resolving it by the end of this week.

All users will be contacted via email to let you know when to update BitDefender to apply the fix. If I have missed anyone in creating a ticket, please PM me directly and we'll create a ticket in no-time.

The tests can now confirm that the two issues (Adobe and Scan of Z drive) are NOT related.

BOTH issues are now addressed and we are working on a fix as we speak. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused and feel free to contact us if you need any further info.

Best regards,

• flandrei
    flandrei Bitdefender VPN Product Manager BD Staff

A few hours ago we released an update meant to address the issue posted in this topic. I'd like to ask everyone that has encountered this issue to update BitDefender and try a new scan, then post the results here.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Florin

• A few hours ago we released an update meant to address the issue posted in this topic. I'd like to ask everyone that has encountered this issue to update BitDefender and try a new scan, then post the results here.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Florin

Looks good on a forced deep scan. I'll leave it running now see what it does on auto scan but should it be any different?

Thanks for looking into this

• flandrei
    flandrei Bitdefender VPN Product Manager BD Staff

@WyldThang - If the manual Deep Scan finished properly there's no reason why the scheduled scan won't work. Thank's for the feedback.

• @WyldThang - If the manual Deep Scan finished properly there's no reason why the scheduled scan won't work. Thank's for the feedback.

Everything is OK here. Deep scan, Full system scan is ok. No more Z:\. Good job!

• After the notice from Bitdefender support this morning... it all is working just fine now :)

We have released an update in order to solve the problem with BitDefender scanning the drive Z (which does not exist). Please right-click on the BitDefender icon next to the clock and choose "Update now". After the update finishes, please start a new scan and let me know if the problem is solved.

Once the new update was done I did a scan with no problems :)

• Great News! Nice to know you finally fixed it. Good work. I will install it on my office PC within this week then. Have a great day.

• All good!!

Ran a full scan without a z drive hang!!

Problem seems to be solved - Thanks guys!

:wub:

• I also ran both Full and Deep System Scan, and the "z" did not occur. Thanks for jumping on this. I do some Pro-Wrestling on the side, and you guys suplexed this issue. Thanks!

Outlaw J.R. "Jim"

• Finally Solved,

Thanks a lot for your effort Mr. Daniel M & all who helped

• Mine is working just fine now. My faith in BD has been restored! Thanks for your work on this!

• Hello everyone,

As Florin already posted, the issue presented in this topic has been resolved. Please right click on the BitDefender icon in the system tray and select 'Update Now'. Follow the update procedure then restart the PC.

If anyone still encounter issues with the scanning process please create a new topic.

Best regards,