Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[escalated]Homegroup

Options

i have two desktop pc's and a laptop all has bitdefender 2011 internet security, lets call them A ,B & C for the sake of explanation

before installing bitdefender 2011 on desktop A i was able to stream perfectly from the other two by accessing the home group tab and then the shared folders, after installing bitdefender 2011 streaming any content from A to B or C from the home group tab or network tab has become very slow but if i access the content by typing \\myIP the streaming is great,i need help to know whats wrong pls ??

Comments

• Unknown
    edited May 2011
    Options

Hello,

The issue is due to a flow with the IPv6 protocols. You can safely disable IPv6 as explained below and the issue will be resolved:

1. Start Windows in Safe Mode as explained below;

2. Open Windows registry editor by pressing Windows + R keys, type "REGEDIT", then press "Enter" or go to START menu button >> Run and type the same "regedit" follow by OK;

3. Navigate now to this registry key using the tree menu:

[b]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SYSTEM >> CurrentControlSet >> Services >> Tcpip6 >> Parameters[/b]

4. On the right side of the window, make a right click, then select New >> DWORD (32-bit) Value.

5. Rename this latter as DisabledComponents, double-click on it, then give it "ff" as Hexadecimal value (without quotes).

6. Restart now your system so that new changes take effect. If you want to enable again TCP/IPv6, then delete DisabledComponents key or set its value to 0.

[[i][b]how to start Windows in Safe Mode[/b][/i]]
    If Windows is the only operating system installed on your computer, start into Windows Safe Mode with these instructions:

* If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power
        * Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.
        * Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.
        * Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.
        * Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.
        * When you are finished with all troubleshooting, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would.

Please let me know if the issue is now resolved.

Regards,

• I found in another topic that if i disabled IPV6 in my network connection it solves the problem and i disableded it in all of my computers and it solved the issue, thank you for your support

• Unknown
    Options

Hi Diablo2050,

Glad to see my workaround works like a charm :) If I'm not asking too much, can you please generate a Support Tool log then upload it HERE ? When you have the download link send me a PM with:

- topic link;

- email you used to open an account with us (ONLY if different from the email used to create the Forum user);

- download link for the log file;

Thank you!

• lutz
    Options

Hi,

what about IPv6 and W7 Homegroup? As far as I know, Homegroup needs IPv6?

lutz

• Hi,

what about IPv6 and W7 Homegroup? As far as I know, Homegroup needs IPv6?

lutz

Yeah i know so i just enable it when i create a homegroup or whe i'm joining one then i disable it afterwards

• Hi Diablo2050,

Glad to see my workaround works like a charm :) If I'm not asking too much, can you please generate a Support Tool log then upload it HERE ? When you have the download link send me a PM with:

- topic link;

- email you used to open an account with us (ONLY if different from the email used to create the Forum user);

- download link for the log file;

Thank you!

how do i generate a Support Tool log ??

• nikki605
    Options

Here are the steps to generate a SupportTool log for DanyDan.

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one. This prevents the supporttools files from being automatically uploaded.

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your PC - exact symptoms, hardware (CPU type/speed, Memory installed, etc.), OS and version, 32-bit or 64-bit, any other security software installed or previously uninstalled. Any other relevant configuration information.

It may take several days for them to analyze the files and respond depending on their workload, so please be patient.

Regards,

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

Got the logs Diablo. Noticed you have installed Easy Tune 6 B09.0216.1 therefore I would recommend you to first uninstall it before starting troubleshoot the issue you encounter. Since I only have two reports on this issue (at least so far), I have sent you instructions via email on how to further investigate.

Ticket ID: 201105261009359.

Regards,

• i have no issue now because i've disabled IPV6 and the network traffic is back to normal again so thank you for you're assistance

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

Thank for your feedback. I have escalated the issue already to the Dev. Team and expecting a fix for it. I believe it will be release with the new Build 14.30.

If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!