Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Vsserve.exe Slowing Down My Laptop!

Options

I switched from KAV to BD 2011 just to give it a try, 2 months back.

KAV was awesome and I didn't face a single issue throughout the use.

But this BD is starting to give me trouble.

As I can see from the threads, many, many users are facing vsserve.exe issue.

To the mods: I just have one question- Have you got a solution? Or are you going to ask me prepare some kind of log file?

To the other users: Have you uninstalled and moved on from BD? Or is your issue resolved?

Please, Please help!

Comments

• Here is the log file.

Please reply soon! My laptop is almost usable.

This problem is more dangerous than the viruses themselves!

• All right I went through the forum.

So this exercise of creating the log file and sending it to you is a time pass. A farce.

I am uninstalling the product right away. I also read that BD2008 works without any issues.

If you have willingness to give something back to the unsuspecting customers like me who bought your product, please send me a key of BD 2008. I had bought a 3 pc license, so please send something accordingly, as I am facing the same issue in all the computers using BD 2011.

Thank you.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

Abhishekiitd the Support Tool is not a time pass nor a farce. Is the tool we use to gather the information we need to make an idea about the PC details and the BitDefender installation and settings. We are using a tool developed by our Labs, like all the other security solutions Companies.

Furthermore, keep in mind that old topics related to 2008, 2009 or 2010 versions do not necessary apply for the 2011 version so the fixes presented may also not apply.

To the mods: I just have one question- Have you got a solution? Or are you going to ask me prepare some kind of log file?

How can I provide you with a solution when you do not provide any information that can help me understand the issue and pinpoint a possible solution ? You are telling us that you read the forum, then you have also read the resolutions after the logs were analyzed.

As I can see from the threads, many, many users are facing vsserve.exe issue.

That's true however not ALL the users are facing a general vsserv issue, mostly the users are having slowdown issues because of:

- either another security solution installed on the same PC;

- either a faulty upgrade from an older version of BitDefender;

- either they have not uninstalled the previous security software used before installing BitDefender;

I switched from KAV to BD 2011 just to give it a try, 2 months back.

Have you uninstalled KAV ? If yes, how ? Please reproduce the steps you took to remove it from your PC.

If you have willingness to give something back to the unsuspecting customers like me who bought your product, please send me a key of BD 2008. I had bought a 3 pc license, so please send something accordingly, as I am facing the same issue in all the computers using BD 2011.

Compensations are given to users who were facing a major issue caused by BitDefender and in report with the time they waited for a resolution to be provided. I can't offer you anything since you reported your issue yesterday.

Last but not least note that the average response time is 48 to 72 hours so please do not double post unless you have an important info to add to the original query.

Since you haven't posted any information about your PC nor the BitDefender product and version you are using, follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello,

Abhishekiitd the Support Tool is not a time pass nor a farce. Is the tool we use to gather the information we need to make an idea about the PC details and the BitDefender installation and settings. We are using a tool developed by our Labs, like all the other security solutions Companies.

Furthermore, keep in mind that old topics related to 2008, 2009 or 2010 versions do not necessary apply for the 2011 version so the fixes presented may also not apply.

How can I provide you with a solution when you do not provide any information that can help me understand the issue and pinpoint a possible solution ? You are telling us that you read the forum, then you have also read the resolutions after the logs were analyzed.

That's true however not ALL the users are facing a general vsserv issue, mostly the users are having slowdown issues because of:

- either another security solution installed on the same PC;

- either a faulty upgrade from an older version of BitDefender;

- either they have not uninstalled the previous security software used before installing BitDefender;

Have you uninstalled KAV ? If yes, how ? Please reproduce the steps you took to remove it from your PC.

Compensations are given to users who were facing a major issue caused by BitDefender and in report with the time they waited for a resolution to be provided. I can't offer you anything since you reported your issue yesterday.

Last but not least note that the average response time is 48 to 72 hours so please do not double post unless you have an important info to add to the original query.

Since you haven't posted any information about your PC nor the BitDefender product and version you are using, follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

I had installed BD 2011 after a fresh installation of Windows. So there is no question of some other antivirus disrupting the performance of BD.

Moreover, the problem occurred suddenly. I kept thinking it was a problem with my laptop, until I found out the process which was causing the problem.

I have already sent you the generated log file. It was sent at about the same time as the time of creation of this thread.

As about the steps taken to uninstall KAV, I have already mentioned that I formatted my hard disk before I installled BD 2011. Between the formatting and installation of BD 2011, I didn't have any antivirus, apart from Microsoft Forefront Cllient Security probably. It was uninstalled by going to Control Panel>Programs and then selecting the option to uninstall it.

Though I have already sent you the log file, my specs are Intel Core 2 Duo@ 2 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, 320 HDD, etc. My BitDefender product is(was)

BitDefender Total Security 2011.

• Oh yes and I sent you the log file as an attachment in the PM.

Please have a look.

Thanks and hoping for a good resolution.

• Unknown
    Options

You did not sent any download links in your PM. All I received was:

vsserve.exe problem! Another harassed customer, I guess I don't need to tell more.

Please look into it. I have already created a thread. Check out the attachment with that rar file.

- but there was no attachment. Please upload it and send me the download link.

• You did not sent any download links in your PM. All I received was:

- but there was no attachment. Please upload it and send me the download link.

Okay here it is:http://www.sendspace.com/file/k53fyr

I have also sent you the same through PM.

Thanks.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

How much RAM memory do you have ? Follow the steps below and send us the result:

a) Please go to this page

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

and download the autoruns file.

B) Extract the contents of the downloaded file and run the 'autoruns.exe' file;

c) Wait for the list to be filled with all the processes and then make sure that you have the Everything tab selected in the upper part;

d) Click on the Disk icon right under File and chose any location folder on your computer;

e) Save the file with a specific name (your name, computer name, a random name, which one you want) and then upload it as you did with the support tool and send me a PM with the download link.

Kind regards,

• Hello,

How much RAM memory do you have ? Follow the steps below and send us the result:

a) Please go to this page

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx

and download the autoruns file.

B) Extract the contents of the downloaded file and run the 'autoruns.exe' file;

c) Wait for the list to be filled with all the processes and then make sure that you have the Everything tab selected in the upper part;

d) Click on the Disk icon right under File and chose any location folder on your computer;

e) Save the file with a specific name (your name, computer name, a random name, which one you want) and then upload it as you did with the support tool and send me a PM with the download link.

Kind regards,

I have 4 GB of RAM memory. 3 GB is usable while 1 GB is used by the graphic card.

Here is the download link http://www.sendspace.com/file/9m4905.

I have also sent you the PM.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

I've checked the logs and it seems that you either not removed BitDefender correctly using the uninstall tool or you run directly the installation kit. The drivers were not correctly written. You will have to reinstall following the steps below:

1. Save the uninstall tool from the link below:

http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall

2. When the download is complete right click on the saved file and select "Run as Administrator";

3. Click on the "Uninstall" button then WAIT to be asked to restart the PC;

4. Restart the PC;

5. Save without running the file below:

- since you never mentioned what BitDefender product are you using, I guessed that you are using Total Security since the File Vault driver was present in the PC.

- I have guessed that you have purchased Bit

32-bits:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...ty_2011_32b.exe

64bits:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...ty_2011_64b.exe

6. When the download is complete again, right click on the file and select "Run as Administrator".

7. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation and please let me know if the issue still persist.

Regards,

• I did as you said and now there is no problem.

So basically, just uninstalling and re-installing did it for me?

• Unknown
    Options

Yes, as the first installation you performed was a faulty one. I will consider the case resolved therefore the topic closed.

Feel free to create a new topic if you have any further queries.

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.