Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Re-registering

Options

I have not purchased this yet but looking into it. But I have a ritual of formatting my hard drive at least twice a year...usually because of OS upgrades...etc.

What I need to know is if I purchase this with a key and registration....use it...then a few months down the road....I decide to format my hard drive....can I still re-install Bitdefender and use the same key and registration and it will let me use it or would I have to buy another key every time I format my hard drive?

Phil.

Comments

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited September 2007
    Options

Hi texasghost,

If you create an online account, your license key and valability will be stored there. Then, everytime you re-install BitDefender (either because you formatted your HDD, or just because you had to uninstall and reinstall BD), you can use the same key that you've bought. The remaining license period will be saved and retrieved from the online BitDefender account.

Also, you can use the same key to upgrade to future BitDefender versions (provided that it doesn't expire until then).

You will only need a new key after the complete license period has expired, or if you decide to upgrade to a different type of BitDefender (BitDefender AV, BD Internet Security or BitDefender Total Security have different license keys).

For other license and registration questions, you might want to ask on Live Assistance (click on that lady's face and select Customer care), because they are the people that can give you the most accurate answers at this chapter.

Cris.

• Thanks for that info...

I will get the trial and see how it works on my computer. I have used Trend Micro for a few years now....so I want to try something new.

Thanks again...