Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdis 2012 Missing Settings For Firewall That Were In Bdis2011

Options

#1: Bdis 2011 had firewall setting for stealh, home, office. and other settings like that. In bdis 2012 there are not there.

When i share a folder with bdis 2012, none of the other computers detect my folder nor the computer. If i manually type in the path then the see the folder.

If i unstall bdis2012 then everything goes back to normal and my home networking is working like a charm.

#2: Bdis 2012 doesnt asks me if the application wants to access the internet, it will just auto allow it. I have it set to agressive. still doesnt help

Comments

• mitza97
    Options
    #1: Bdis 2011 had firewall setting for stealh, home, office. and other settings like that. In bdis 2012 there are not there.

Yes, they are. In main screen, below firewall, see network details ? Click there and you will see that settings.

• mitza97
    Options
    #2: Bdis 2012 doesnt asks me if the application wants to access the internet, it will just auto allow it. I have it set to agressive. still doesnt help

Under Firewall settings go to advanced and see there Paranoid mode. Activate and Bitdefender will ask if you allow or not aplication to connect to the internet.

• Yes, they are. In main screen, below firewall, see network details ? Click there and you will see that settings.

Yes i found it.

It sais home/office - remote - no.

Same setting that i had in bdis 2011. but why dont other computers detect me on the network without specifying the path?

• mitza97
    Options

Same settings on my side, but i don't have this problem. <_<

• Same settings on my side, but i don't have this problem. <_<

Its weird, just tried again to unistall, everything went fine. Reinstalled, and updated, now bdis keep saying it needs to restart but i have allready restarted, will try again.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

The situation has been solved in the latest product update.

Thank you.

• Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

The situation has been solved in the latest product update.

Thank you.

It really did take a while to get back, i have unistalled 2012 version and put the 2011, since it was just unbearable to use the new product, since it was way too buggy.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Have a nice day.