Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]windows Temp Folder Taking Huge Amount Of Space

Options

Hello! Can you please tell me why since I installed BitDefender IS 2012 my temp folder has reached 30GB? i found folders named "bdcloud" and "tmp" and some numbers after those names and at the bottom some files called "bd5AEB.tmp" etc... what is that? It is normal?

Comments

• allexif
    edited October 2011
    Options

I deleted all the files and they are reapearing :|

Edit1: Never seen something like this. After deleting all the files 25 Gb of files and then deleting them as they reapeared, then deactivated all the BD modules(AV, FW and ANTISPAM) now a folder has been created with the name "tmp00007ad7" and one file in it named "tmp00000000". Please help!

• nobody seeing this? can you fix this or explain me what to do ?!!!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Please tell me, are you talking about the temp folder from Windows or the one from Users?

Thank you.

• Hi

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Please tell me, are you talking about the temp folder from Windows or the one from Users?

Thank you.

The one under the Windows folder.

• The bdcloud folders in my Windows\Temp folder (Win7 x64) are all empty. Everything in the Windows/Temp folder combined only occupy a few KB of disk space.

post-35640-1319987787_thumb.jpg

Regards,

• The bdcloud folders in my Windows\Temp folder (Win7 x64) are all empty. Everything in the Windows/Temp folder combined only occupy a few KB of disk space.

post-35640-1319987787_thumb.jpg

Regards,

I don't know what this means, mine ocupies gigs' of space, and they keep reapearing, it stopped for a few days but today again, and I deteleted them, about 12 GB... please help! :unsure:

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome back allexif

I can tell you that my temp files(including bdcloud folders) have less than 1 MB on the HDD.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

• Welcome back allexif

I can tell you that my temp files(including bdcloud folders) have less than 1 MB on the HDD.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

It is solved, was my mistake, it was from Acronis True Image Home that makes some backup files in that folder ... I apologyze for this.

Have a nice day! :)

• Glad you were able to figure it out. :)

I will close this topic as resolved.

Regards,

• rootkit
    Options

Hi allexif

Thank you for your feedback.

Please note that I didn't find anything suspicious in those logs.

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day.

This discussion has been closed.