Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[escalated]Bitdefender Virus Shield Service Has Reported An Invalid Current State 14

Options
Scottie
edited October 2011 in General

I installed the new, 2012 version of BitDefender Internet Security. After every restarting the computer (also after it wakes from sleep), I get the following error in the Event Log:

The BitDefender Virus Shield service has reported an invalid current state 14.

In details (xml version):

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
<EventID Qualifiers="49152">7016</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-10-12T15:46:01.528507900Z" />
<EventRecordID>46760</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="712" ThreadID="812" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Danny-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data Name="param1">BitDefender Virus Shield</Data>
<Data Name="param2">14</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Details of the my software versions:

- Windows 7 Pro PL with Service Pack 1

- BitDefender Internet Security 2012 - Build 15.0.31.1282

Scottie

P.S. BitDefender is the worst software for what I paid ever. It has more bugs than IE...

Comments

• nikki605
    edited October 2011
    Options

Is your Win7 32-bit or 64-bit? Is this a new install of BDIS or has it been installed for a while?

Do you have any other security/antivirus program(s) installed?

Did you uninstall any other security/antivirus program(s) prior to installing BDIS? If yes, what method did you use to uninstall it/them?

Awaiting your reply,

EDIT: After reading your other topic, it appears you have 32-bit Win7.

• Is your Win7 32-bit or 64-bit? Is this a new install of BDIS or has it been installed for a while?

Yes, I've 32-bit Windows.

Do you have any other security/antivirus program(s) installed?

No. Any other antivirus soft.

Did you uninstall any other security/antivirus program(s) prior to installing BDIS? If yes, what method did you use to uninstall it/them?

Yes. I first completely uninstall the previous version of BDIS (2011). Then I installed new, 2012 version.

P.S. What's interesting, BDIS 2012 seems to work correctly and it passing the "EICAR" tests (file and string in Notepad++), but these errors (The BitDefender Virus Shield service has reported an invalid current state 14) are irritating and very annoying.

Regards,

Scottie

• I have completely the same problem with, what appears to be, the same setup & BD install history as Scottie (though in my case I have reinstalled BD on many occasions to get to the root of another problem).

Assume that this is quite prevalent and I'd guess that most people have not seen it as they leave their event logs well alone...

Cavey

• HKM
    HKM
    edited October 2011
    Options

I have the same problem..... I guess unless you go thru your events, u wouldnt ever know...

But friends, I dont know if u would agree but BD 2011 was much better than 2012.... I believe they just launched it... It acts so weird at times that its unbelievable...

Anyway, ill keep checking this post and see if the BD guys come up with a solution...

Regards

Hassan

• Hello,

I have escalated this notification and I am waiting for more info on it. I have created the following tickets associated with this:

Scottie: 201110141033485;

Cavey: 201110141033501;

HKM: 201110141033641;

I will come back with more details as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

• I also have this problem, though I also had MalwareBytes Anti-Malware in addition to 2011 before installing 2012. 2012 tried to uninstall each but encountered problems so I manually uninstalled them before letting 2012 continue installing. I now get the above error message in my event log regularly.

I would appreciate hearing how to resolve this when the appropriate steps have been determined.

Finally, since installing 2012, I've noticed that some of my other programs freeze at some unknown interval. I usually see this first in Java programs (I'm running 6u27) but once one program freezes the others follow suit once I interact with them. Is this part of the issue you all are seeing?

• Hello,

Roomon1: what programs in particular are you referring to?

• Roomon1: what programs in particular are you referring to?

Which program freezes first is somewhat inconsistent, though it's often Java (Minecraft and/or the server for it). When the freeze happens, some amount of time between when I leave my computer and when I come back (usually 1-2 hours after leaving), Explorer (explorer.exe) freezes along with the clock shown on the Windows task bar. Most times the program that has focus at that time freezes as well. When I come back to my computer I find the clock still showing the time from when Explorer froze. Additionally, once the freeze occurs, any programs I give focus to (click on, Alt-Tab to, etc) also freeze even if they were working up to that point. Note that I could use "hang" in place of "freeze" regarding these programs and also that I do not use "stops responding" in reference to them because they don't go white and put "(Not Responding)" in the window title as non-responsive programs to in Win7.

Programs affected thus include Java, Chrome, Notepad++, Visual Studio (2008 and 2010), iTunes, Digsby, VLC Media Player and probably and handful of others I don't recall.

I am uncertain if this is related to the Invalid Current State 14 error that I am seeing, or that it is in fact related to BitDefender at all: While I first saw the freezing problem around when I installed BitDefender 2012, my computer also blue-screened around then implying that there may be some other instabilities in the system. Since the timing was fairly close however, I'm hoping that finding the solution to the Invalid Current State stuff may also affect the freezing in some useful manner.

Judging from the lack of response from the other people experiencing the Invalid Current State errors, the freezing is likely not a symptom they share. Can anyone confirm or deny the presence of a similar freezing problem?

-Roomon1

• Which program freezes first is somewhat inconsistent, though it's often Java (Minecraft and/or the server for it). When the freeze happens, some amount of time between when I leave my computer and when I come back (usually 1-2 hours after leaving), Explorer (explorer.exe) freezes along with the clock shown on the Windows task bar. Most times the program that has focus at that time freezes as well. When I come back to my computer I find the clock still showing the time from when Explorer froze. Additionally, once the freeze occurs, any programs I give focus to (click on, Alt-Tab to, etc) also freeze even if they were working up to that point. Note that I could use "hang" in place of "freeze" regarding these programs and also that I do not use "stops responding" in reference to them because they don't go white and put "(Not Responding)" in the window title as non-responsive programs to in Win7.

Programs affected thus include Java, Chrome, Notepad++, Visual Studio (2008 and 2010), iTunes, Digsby, VLC Media Player and probably and handful of others I don't recall.

I am uncertain if this is related to the Invalid Current State 14 error that I am seeing, or that it is in fact related to BitDefender at all: While I first saw the freezing problem around when I installed BitDefender 2012, my computer also blue-screened around then implying that there may be some other instabilities in the system. Since the timing was fairly close however, I'm hoping that finding the solution to the Invalid Current State stuff may also affect the freezing in some useful manner.

Judging from the lack of response from the other people experiencing the Invalid Current State errors, the freezing is likely not a symptom they share. Can anyone confirm or deny the presence of a similar freezing problem?

-Roomon1

I too am experiencing the Invalid Current State 14 error. My computer is also freezing regularly , but just at start-up when waking from sleep. I have windows 7 x64.

• Hello,

Roomon1: I would like to see a SupportTool log generated on the PC in question. Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=119338

Computersaisno: the PC is freezing ONLY when you wake-up the PC from sleep? Does the same happens if you try putting then restoring the PC to/from hibernation?

• I too am experiencing the Invalid Current State 14 error. My computer is also freezing regularly , but just at start-up when waking from sleep. I have windows 7 x64.

Computersaisno: the PC is freezing ONLY when you wake-up the PC from sleep? Does the same happens if you try putting then restoring the PC to/from hibernation?

computersaisno's may not be identical.

DannyDan: I'll get that log to you shortly.

• Hello,

@DanyDan I haven't been able to replicate a freeze when waking from hibernation/shutdown. I do however get the error message in multiples of once, twice or thrice whenever I wake my PC from either sleep or shutdown.

I am also getting the following event 6281 error:

Log Name: Security

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing

Date: 10/20/2011 1:06:22 PM

Event ID: 6281

Task Category: System Integrity

Level: Information

Keywords: Audit Failure

User: N/A

Computer: Spike-PC

Description:

Code Integrity determined that the page hashes of an image file are not valid. The file could be improperly signed without page hashes or corrupt due to unauthorized modification. The invalid hashes could indicate a potential disk device error.

• Hello,

Computersaisno: please right click on the Windows Events and save the event as a file. Upload it to an online file sharing server such as Rapidshare or Sendspace and send me a PM with the download link.

Thank you!

• Hey everyone,

I haven't seen anything so I'm just checking, is there any news on this problem?

-Roomon1

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello everyone.

A product update was released today. Your build should be 15.0.33.1409.

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=123970

Fixed issues: Event viewer reports "The BitDefender Virus Shield service has reported an invalid current state 14."

Please update and let me know if the situation is solved. Have a nice day.

• HKM
    Options
    Hello,

I have escalated this notification and I am waiting for more info on it. I have created the following tickets associated with this:

Scottie: 201110141033485;

Cavey: 201110141033501;

HKM: 201110141033641;

I will come back with more details as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

@DanyDan

Thanks for your help...

As per instruction on the said post I have updated the version to build 15.0.033.1409

After this theres another problem now.... BD is not updating automatically.... Theres always an error there. I have tried configuring my account but somehow its not letting me do it... Perhaps Im not doing it the right way. When I go to BT mybitdefender (your website), it lets me logon without a problem but when I click on "complete registration" (on BD console), its says that you're loggod on as hassankmalik@yahoo.com (which is my id at mybidefender as well)... When I close the window, "complete registration" changes to "mybitdefender" but even after this its always giving the error....

Dont know how to go about it? Maybe there some problem configuring my account.....

Kindly advise...

Thanks and Regards

post-73724-1320136766_thumb.jpg

post-73724-1320136841_thumb.jpg

• rootkit
    Options

Welcome back HKM

In the second screenshot, you have you have an activation link called: Resend activation link.

Click on it and check your email. You will receive automatically a link from the system. Click on it, wait for the process to finish. Reboot your machine and after that, manually run an update from the main interface.

Thank you.

• HKM
    HKM
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Welcome back HKM

In the second screenshot, you have you have an activation link called: Resend activation link.

Click on it and check your email. You will receive automatically a link from the system. Click on it, wait for the process to finish. Reboot your machine and after that, manually run an update from the main interface.

Thank you.

Thanks for replying Cristi B.....

I forgot to mention it that when I click on "Resend activation Link", iy just says "Unexpected Error - Please try again Later"....

This problem is right after updating to Build 15.0.33.1409

Plz help me resolve this issue...

Regards

post-73724-1320156585_thumb.jpg

• HKM
    Options

@ Cristi B

Just wanted to update you....

I just noticed that my build version has changed to 15.0.34.1416

I dont know when it updated to this version when it always says that update error....

Strange things are happening.....

Thanks and Regards

post-73724-1320219449_thumb.jpg

• @HKM - that new Build was released yesterday as mentioned HERE.

Regards,

• Hello everyone.

A product update was released today. Your build should be 15.0.33.1409.

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=123970

Fixed issues: Event viewer reports "The BitDefender Virus Shield service has reported an invalid current state 14."

Please update and let me know if the situation is solved. Have a nice day.

Hello Cristi!

I confirm that the update (at now I've BD 15.0.34.1416 version) solved this problem! :-)

You can close this request.

Thanks a lot!

Scottie

P.S. I hope that you will also take the problem which I described on the http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29844 page.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Hi

@ Scottie

Thank you for your feedback.

@ HKM

Please check again the date of those warnings.

Thank you.

• HKM
    HKM
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Hi

@ Scottie

Thank you for your feedback.

@ HKM

Please check again the date of those warnings.

Thank you.

@Cristi B

Thanks for all your concern and help..... Unfortunately my problem is still persisting.... Neither its updating nor its allowing me to "Resend activation link" ...

Plz help me resolving this issue.... I rebooted the system but the problem is still there.....

Plz dont close this thread ...... Still have a problem although I dont know when and how it updated itself to Build - 15.0.34.1416 when specially everytime it says update failed.......

Thanks and Regards

post-73724-1320260249_thumb.jpg

post-73724-1320260267_thumb.jpg

• rootkit
    Options

Hello HKM

The subject will not be closed.

Please tell me, the initial issue is reproducing(Bitdefender Virus Shield Service Has Reported An Invalid Current State 14) or just the update issue?

Thank you.

• HKM
    HKM
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Hello HKM

The subject will not be closed.

Please tell me, the initial issue is reproducing(Bitdefender Virus Shield Service Has Reported An Invalid Current State 14) or just the update issue?

Thank you.

Thanks for reply Cristi B..... Really appreciate it....

Bitdefender Virus Shield Service Has Reported An Invalid Current State 14 --------------------- Issue is resolved. I dont see this error in the event viewer.

Unfortunately after updating to the new/latest build version 15.0.34.1416, this new problem of updating has popped up.... Its really driving me crazy but the good thing is that I have you with me on it trying to resolve this issue....

Now I just feel that if I had known about this new build version, I would not have updated to this version....

Plz help me....

Thanks and Regards

Hassan

post-73724-1320262874_thumb.jpg

• rootkit
    Options

Hello Hassan

Since the initial issue about Bitdefender Virus Shield Service Has Reported An Invalid Current State 14 has been solved, I will close this topic.

Regarding the update issue, the discussion will continue over the email (on ticket ID 201110141033641).

Please check you inbox in about 15 minutes.

Thank you in advance for understanding.

Have a nice day.

This discussion has been closed.