Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

My Bitdefender Popups (dialog Box)

Options

Just upgraded Bitdefender, and now the software keeps generating popup dialog boxes encouraging me to use various Biddefender options such as Parental Control. I logged into My Bitdefender on the website, and I also checked the preference options in the program installed on my computer, but can't find any way to turn these automated pop up dialog boxes off.

I've attached a screen shot of one of the pop up messages.

post-74204-1318680333_thumb.png

Comments

• Hello,

Please check your email (including the Spam folder) and see if you have't received an email at the time you installed Bitdefender. That email contains a link you need to follow to activate your account. Click on the link, restart the Pc and let me know if the issue still persist.

• I have started to get a popup (Credit monitor) which cannot be be closed (X) requires reboot to go away. How do I stop this. Account is activated.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Brad

In order to help you with this issue, we kindly ask you to send us a screenshot as follows:

1. When the window is on the screen please press the "PrintScreen" key ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard)

2. Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start > Program > Accessories > Paint))

3. Paste the picture in a new Paint document;

4. Save the file in JPEG format (BMP format is too big to send by e-mail)

5. Attach the screenshot in your next reply.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

• Thanks, will do if it reoccurs, so far it has only done it once on each of two machines.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Brad

Thank you for your feedback.

Have a nice day.

• Just now did it again. Was running Quicken. Did go away after I had copied it.

Thanks

post-31516-1320092878_thumb.jpg

• rootkit
    Options

Welcome back Brad.

Do you have the latest version installed (15.0.34.1416)?

This issue should be fixed by now on your machine.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28647

• Thanks, Is updated. I am curious, the automatic update updates the virus signatures automatically all the time, can see it in events. However, it only updates the program if I manually click on update. Is it something to do with the need to restart when the program is updated?

• Brad - how do you have your Update options set?

post-35640-1320270183_thumb.jpg

With mine set to Silent Update and Postpone reboot switched OFF, virus definitions are updated without interruption. When a program update is downloaded & installed, I get a "Reboot" popup while I'm using the PC. If Postpone reboot is switched ON, you will not get that "Reboot" popup.

Regards,

• Thanks, will see how that works.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a great weekend.

• It works well!43.gif

• rootkit
    Options

Hi Karris

Thank you for your feedback.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Take care.