Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender & Battlelog

Options
Matinoc
edited November 2011 in General

Temporary solution available here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=125861

I've been trying to play the Battlefield 3 beta, on battlelog.battlefield.com, and things have been going pretty awful thus far. I'm having an error on the site causing it to not auto refresh. This gives me issues when it comes to joining games with a party, creating a party and pretty much everything else that requires battlelog's plug in. Searching around I've found that people are having similar issues with other Anti Virus programs, avast, avg etc. I tried to disable bitdefender AV 2012, but was forbidden to end it's processes. I uninstalled bitdefender and everything on battlelog runs fine now. However, as I don't want to have a useless subscription to an av program I don't have installed anymore I would rather know if this was an issue anyone else experienced, and if there is a fix.

I tried adding battlelog.battlefield.com on the whitelist, along with all of the other associated websites, and tried adding firefox (my browser) to the list of excepted programs. I've tried disabling all features and running it in game mode, but there was no fix I found short of the removal of bitdefender as a whole.

Comments

• I've got the same problem with battlelog

First of all I open my Browser surf to "battlelog.battlefield.com" after that i sign in everything work perfect after that I will create a Party [click on "create Party"] but the Button does not change

help1787j.png

at the left top corner you can see "Party created!" but the party does not open

help20jsr.png

Only after I completely reload the browser page (CTRL + R),than it opens up the party

help3ajfc.png

the same happened if I want to join / leave a voice channel

First of all i leave the voice channel to show you what i mean

help4xjj3.png

but if i want to rejoin the voice channel the button only shows "join voice"

help5j8wh.png

I can press the button 100 times nothing happened

help6n8xv.png

It work if i uninstall Bitdefender

sry for my english i hope it help to find a solution

By the way:

Maybe it the Browser Plugin for Battlelog here is the download: http://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/publi...0-retail-ob.exe

• Leon108
    edited October 2011
    Options

I can confirm the same issue with Battlelog and BDIS 2012 using the latest Firefox and IE.

• Leon108
    edited October 2011
    Options

I have just uninstalled BDIS 2012 and it solved the above problem. Additionally, now "Quick Match" started to work properly. It seems that BDIS was blocking Quick Match function in Battlelog. I am going to downgrade to BDIS 2011 and will report the findings.

• Leon108
    edited October 2011
    Options

Both BDIS 2011 and 2012 cause problems with Battlelog and "Quick Match" in Windows 7. Additionally, both clients cause disconnection error with League of Legends client displaying message "Disconnected from pvp.net" while matchmaking, which makes LOL almost unplayable. The above errors do NOT appear when the BDIS is not present on the system.

All the program permissions are set properly and addresses and IPs are whitelisted. The problem is not resolved even by disabling BD firewall and AV real time protection. To be honest, this is a deal breaker for many BD users who play those 2 most popular games. Please fix it or advice what to do. I have been using BDIS for 4 years already and I would hate to discontinue using your solution for such a silly reason as lack of compatibility with most popular games on the market.

• Yes! Same here! Please fix asap!

• Leon108
    edited October 2011
    Options

Disabling BDIS firewall BEFORE running League of Legends client solves the problem of getting "Disconnected from pvp.net" errors. Unfortunately, this workaround does not work with Battlelog. Quick Match and Team Create work properly only when BD is completely removed from the system. We are still waiting here for some answers.

• I just wanted to inform you that Battlefield 3 and Battlelog were launched today. So far, all the problems described in this thread are solved. Apparently, these were Beta Battlelog's problems only and were not caused by Bidefender application.

• I just wanted to inform you that Battlefield 3 and Battlelog were launched today. So far, all the problems described in this thread are solved. Apparently, these were Beta Battlelog's problems only and were not caused by Bidefender application.

I agree,

everything about BattleLog seems to be working.

The only problem left is Opera webbrowser, getting the message :

"Your web browser is not fully supported, soldier!

You will be able to look around and talk to your friends, but not join their game."

Using FireFox instead for BattleLog atm. working fine ;)

• Leon108
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I agree,

everything about BattleLog seems to be working.

The only problem left is Opera webbrowser, getting the message :

"Your web browser is not fully supported, soldier!

You will be able to look around and talk to your friends, but not join their game."

Using FireFox instead for BattleLog atm. working fine ;)

But that's rather looks like Battlelog's and DICE's problem and not BD's. Btw, BD's engineer has told me that they actually did some changes & adjustments in BD's driver to better facilitate compatibility with Battlelog. It seems that they are closely watching any potential issues. Too big of a game not to do so.

• boogs
    edited October 2011
    Options

I still can't do "party joins"

Also, I have to spam refresh to see anything in chat and when I'm invited to a party.

• I still can't do "party joins"

Also, I have to spam refresh to see anything in chat and when I'm invited to a party.

Did you try another browser?

• I've tried chrome and firefox

• Ok, so I thought I had 2012, but infact I have 2011. Since upgrading to 2012 it seems to have resolved the problem. Wahoo!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello

Please tell me if you still encounter the same issue with the latest build 15.0.33.1409.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28172

Thank you.

• Dear Cristi B.

I still have 2011 and I have over 220 days left on the license.

As you can understand I will not purchase 2012 until that time has expired.

I have heard of some free upgrade but everytime I try thisit asks for my licensekey and eventually I get charged?

Could you be so kind to solve this issue for 2011 as well pls?

Kind regards,

Dirk

• Leon108
    edited October 2011
    Options

You can safely upgrade to 2012 with the 2011 license. There won't be any additional charge. I have done upgrading and downgrading BDIS probably more times that I have days left on my license. :) It is safe. Just keep your license handy.

• nikki605
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Dear Cristi B.

I have heard of some free upgrade but everytime I try thisit asks for my licensekey and eventually I get charged?

Could you be so kind to solve this issue for 2011 as well pls?

Kind regards,

Dirk

You can upgrade for free to BD 2012 with your existing license key. I did. If you cannot, then someone from BD Sales should be able to help identify & resolve your problem.

Regards,

• Thunder1971
    edited October 2011
    Options
    You can upgrade for free to BD 2012 with your existing license key. I did. If you cannot, then someone from BD Sales should be able to help identify & resolve your problem.

Regards,

thank you nikki605

Yeah I indeed run into a problem.

I chose extend time or upgrade...then it asks for my license key and then it asks me for how many stations and time. then it charges me 33,90€ for one year and one station while I have 3 stations and a year....if I choose that I have to pay even more :P

Regards,

Dirk

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi

Let me know if this issue is reproducing with the latest build 15.0.33.1409.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28647

Thank you very much.

• Hi

Let me know if this issue is reproducing with the latest build 15.0.33.1409.

Thank you very much.

Party Join now working on Win 7 x64 / FF 7.0.1 - Thank you!

However no server ping is displayed in the server browser, this had worked previously on FF7/BD IS 2011, but had to upgrade to 2012 to apply this update.

Chrome still displays server ping so it's not a battlelog thing...

• hello, i m having the same kind of troubles, did you had any kind of answer

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Please update Firefox to the latest version(7.0.1) and also update all the Battlelog plugins to the latest version.

Make sure that you are have 15.0.33.1409 installed.

Thank you.

• Leon108
    edited November 2011
    Options

I would like to report that the retail version of Battlefield 3 and Battlelog have resolved all my previous problems. I am using the latest Firefox. Even previously problematic server pings are now properly displayed after automatic Battlelog's plugin update.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi Leon108

Thank you for the feedback.

Have a nice day.

• Hi,

I've got the same problem. I have a very powerful gaming PC, more than twice Battlefield 3's recommended computer specs, all my drivers fully updated to the latest version, and the same applies to my 3 browsers (IE, Firefox and Chrome) and Java, Flash, Plugins, etc. yet Battlelog displays all the bugs mentioned above with BitDefender 2011 and 2012 (after I upgraded trying to fix the issue)! I have not uninstalled BitDefender yet, as that seems to fix the issue, but I have tried game mode and disabling everything (antivirus, firewall, etc.) with no success! Please advise ASAP. It is not plausible that a completely updated and overspeced computer cannot run a game because of antivirus incompatibilities. I also don't fancy the idea of exposing my computer's security because of a game, but I shouldn't have to!

Many thanks for your attention in advance.

• Hi,

I had battlelog working fine with bitdefender until today/yesterday. Chat and party invites no longer work. Using 2012 15.0.34.1416.

It seems like there was a bitdefender update which caused it to start playing up again.

• Hey,

well i got the same problem after yesterday`s update Bitdefender 2012 15.0.34.1416.

Battlelog was working normaly but after the update i can`t chat/party invite with any Browser. Uninstalling BD solved the problem but this is not the intend i guess.

Deactivating phising etc.... didnt work as well.

I am pretty sure everyone got the problem with the last update.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello everyone

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

• hello

having the same problems with the battlelog interface. uninstalling bitdefender is the only fix so far. everything else i've tried still does not remedy the problems; party joins and invites do not display, matchmaking is blocked, chat messages either delayed or never received.

i've tried multiple browsers, adding exclusions, opening ports, disabling parts of the firewall, disabling certain features.

Many people have the same problem.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960869-/60810947

bitdefender seems to be causing most of them :(

• hello

having the same problems with the battlelog interface. uninstalling bitdefender is the only fix so far. everything else i've tried still does not remedy the problems; party joins and invites do not display, matchmaking is blocked, chat messages either delayed or never received.

i've tried multiple browsers, adding exclusions, opening ports, disabling parts of the firewall, disabling certain features.

Many people have the same problem.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960869-/60810947

bitdefender seems to be causing most of them :(

Hi

Having same issues as above, everything was working fine up untill yesterday, I don't want to uninstall Bitdefender, hopeing they fix the problem in the next update.

Thanks

• Hyperlite
    edited November 2011
    Options

I have the full version of BitDefender 2012 TS on my PC and my Laptop. Battlelog was working fun up until the 31st, then it started not letting me see invites from friends on my friendlist or allowed me to join parties with them from inside battlelog. I spent 3 days trouble shooting numerous issues with the the install of BF3, the install of Origin, network settings etc. Finally last night i decided to try uninstalling BitDefender and that fixed the entire issue.

The weird thing is that even when i turned the firewall, antivirus and auto pilot off within BitDefender, Battlelog still woudn't work.

I will be using a different product for my anti-virus needs until this is fixed on BitDefender's end.

As a side note, i would suggest BitDefender make updating the version/build of the BitDefender client much easier and more intuitive. Your site lists how to update the virus definitions manually, but does not list how to update your version of BitDefender to the most current build. There is a thread on these forums listing all version/build updates, but provides no links on how to actually update the installed version. Also, i am not sure where inside the bitdefender client i can check my current build revision to see if mine is up to date.

edit: this is the link to the "linkless" thread with no instructions on how to manually update or how to manually check your build level: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28172

• As a side note, i would suggest BitDefender make updating the version/build of the BitDefender client much easier and more intuitive. Your site lists how to update the virus definitions manually, but does not list how to update your version of BitDefender to the most current build. There is a thread on these forums listing all version/build updates, but provides no links on how to actually update the installed version. Also, i am not sure where inside the bitdefender client i can check my current build revision to see if mine is up to date.

edit: this is the link to the "linkless" thread with no instructions on how to manually update or how to manually check your build level: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=28172

To update BD (both virus definitions & program updates) open the BD dashboard from the Windows System Tray and click on the Update now button.

post-35640-1320340509_thumb.jpg

Instructions on how to find your current Build can be found in this pinned topic.

Hope that helps answer some of your questions, at least. :)

Regards,

• I'm glad I found people who are having the same problem as I am, this makes me think it was the recent Bitdefender update. For me these problems started as late as November 1st on Tuesday. Friends list and co-op was working fine leading up to that day. I haven't uninstalled Bitdefender, only disabled the firewall, trying to change "Network Details":

"Network"/"Stealth"/"Generic"

values changed to

"Trusted"/"No"/"Yes" respectively.

Since that didn't work or I did it wrong, I reverted them back to default values for the time being.

Even though I disabled the firewall with no positive results, simply having Bitdefender still installed may still be causing interruptions.

I'll put together a proper log later on to submit.

I'm also using the firewall in a D-Link DIR-655 Router if that matters at all. I guess you'd call that more of a hardware firewall than a software firewall.

Hoping Bitdefender keeps DICE's Battlefield 3 in mind for exceptions, and that the update will be released in a matter of days.

• To update BD (both virus definitions & program updates) open the BD dashboard from the Windows System Tray and click on the Update now button.

Instructions on how to find your current Build can be found in this pinned topic.

Regards,

thank you i will try this tonight when i get off work.

• northernlights
    edited November 2011
    Options

Please, get this sorted BD!

This is a AAA game that YOU have broken for us. This is YOUR fault. To add insult to injury Game Mode doesn't even work correctly, but we are told 'wait for a fix'. No, you advertise a working game mode, therefore Game Mode should work; in the UK at least, you are falling foul of the Trade Descriptions Act of 1968 which states: Each product sold must be as described, of satisfactory quality, and fit for purpose.

I uninstalled BD IS 2012 & it worked, I installed MS Security Essentials, & it worked.

I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO WAIT ON BITDEFENDER DECIDING IT WANTS TO BE COMPATIBLE WITH MY GAMES. IT SHOULD BE BEHOLDEN TO ME, NOT ME BEHOLDEN TO IT. (Yes, I'm well aware I'm shouting, I'm that annoyed about this.) There NEEDS to be an override!

Frankly, a better game mode would be in order, rather than ridiculous mission statements about timber wolves & ancient Dacian peoples.

I have ~200 games at this moment in time, are you going to be able to keep up? Obviously not, as a AAA game like Battlefield 3 gets broken twice in as many days? Unbelievable. Personally, I have no faith in your ability to deliver right now.

Convince me I should reinstall BD, because frankly, with the new, downgraded game mode, the idiot-proof new UI & this Battlefield debacle, I think I'll be sticking with MSSE.

I have been a happy BD customer for 3 years now, but this is taking the ######. Who do I talk about this?

Yours,

An extremely dissatisfied customer

• Hi Cristi B

I have the new update 15.0.33.1409 and i can confirm that it is not compatible with battlelog, i need to refresh it everytime someone sends me an invite pm etc.. etc.. and it blocks all party invites as well not allowing me to join games in a party.

Further to this when in game mode i get Port Scan messages come up during play and also a message earlier about parental protections and registration which is getting quite frustrating. I have only recently purchased Bitdefender and it worked fine with BF3 and Battlelog for the first few days but now it doesnt seem to work at all.

Look forward to a resolution

Many Thanks

• northernlights
    edited November 2011
    Options

Also, 'post your log' is a facile statement.

Get up off of your seat & buy a copy of the game & TEST it, you know, QUALITY ASSURANCE, USER ACCEPTANCE TESTING, whatever you call it.

If it was broken once, the first time, then fine, but if YOU decide YOU'RE gonna break the game again, YOU can do the work to fix it, by virtue of subscribing we are effectively paying you to do this, so do it. Don't pass the buck back to us, we're not at fault here.

'Post your log?' Pfff, I've got better things to be doing than your job.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello everyone.

First off all, thank you Fragilistic for your PM.

Please accept our apologies for the situation created.

Now, to all of you, i need to know which module from Bitdefender is causing the issue.

Please follow the steps below to check if the issue persists.

1. Open BitDefender -> Settings -> Update -> here check the box next to

"Prompt me before downloading updates". When an update is performed, you will

see a box from which I kindly ask you to choose ONLY Signatures Update (do not

perform product updates, otherwise the solution below will be canceled).

2. Restart your computer in Safe Mode:

[How to restart in Safe Mode]

- Restart the computer (Windows Start button - Turn Off - Restart);

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load;

you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation

message; click "OK" to acknowledge.

3. Go to C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2012, find the file called

"bdtl.dll" and rename it to "bdtl.dl_".

4. Restart the computer normally and let me know if the issue persists.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

• To update BD (both virus definitions & program updates) open the BD dashboard from the Windows System Tray and click on the Update now button.

Regards,

ok, reinstalled BitDefender and still have the same issue with Battlefield 3. EA released a new update to the web plug in today, and i still have the problem after installing that as well. I am re-uninstalling untill there is a fix. this is quite irritating as it should be a simple fix, and the anti virus i switched from is working fine with BF3 on my old pc. go figure.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

You can try the temporary solution available here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=125793

Let me know if this solves the issue.

Thank you.

• Hi

You can try the temporary solution available here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=125793

Let me know if this solves the issue.

Thank you.

The issue is still here with the latest build.

I'll try the temporary fix.

It's very annoying has this prevent from enjoying this massively acclaimed game :'(

• Angry Machine
    edited November 2011
    Options

THE TEMPORARY FIX WORK PERFECTLY :

- The chat is updating

- The Coop invites are received

- The Live Battlelog Updates are displayed

The faulty dll is bdtl.dll

Please fix it as soon as possible.

Thansk for your help :)

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Dear users please use this temporary workaround:

1. Restart your computer in Safe Mode:

[How to restart in Safe Mode]

- Restart the computer (Windows Start button - Turn Off - Restart);

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load;

you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation

message; click "OK" to acknowledge.

2. Go to C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2012, find the file called

"bdtl.dll" and rename it to "bdtl.dl_".

[how to disable Bitdefender product updates]:

1. Locate the file:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2012\update_components.xml

2. Open the file with Notepad and modify the following line:

<Product enabled="1" name="00010004000500010001000600050001" type="0" id="-1">

Basically you will modify the "1" into "0" (only the first "1" from the line).

3. Save the file (overwrite the original XML file);

4. Restart the PC in normal mode.

As soon as we release the update, you will have to undo all these steps in order for the software to receive again product updates.

Now, you can set the updates to Silent and you won't receive a pop-up to update Bitdefender each hour.

Open BitDefender -> Settings -> Update -> here check the box next to Silent update.

Thank you for your patience and for the cooperation with BitDefender team. Have a nice day.

• Hi all

Just to say that i have applied the temporary solution and it is working fine (i am using google chrome as well).

I have not altered the notepad to stop product updates as i did temporarry solution 1, will i need to change anything when the fix comes out? and can you post another post here so that i know what to do when the fix does come out.

Many Thanks for your work on this Christi i think you have done a great job providing us with a temporary fix.

Thanks

• THE TEMPORARY FIX WORK PERFECTLY :

- The chat is updating

- The Coop invites are received

- The Live Battlelog Updates are displayed

The faulty dll is bdtl.dll

Please fix it as soon as possible.

Thansk for your help :)

Ok thanks, I've done this, no more annoying pop up.

Hope for a fixed build soon :)

• rootkit
    Options

Hello everyone

Thank you for your feedback.

When the permanent fix will be released, you will have to undo the 2 steps and the update will solve the issue.

We are working to solve this.

Have a nice day.

• When will a permanent solution be ready? I shouldn't have to tinker with my settings....

• Same question, any estimated time for the fix ?

• rootkit
    Options

Hi everyone

The update should be released soon. I can not provide you an ETA.

It will be announced here

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry126403

and it will be delivered via Automatic Updates without user intervention.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Have a nice day.

• I know that there is a temporary solution, but this is ridicilous that bitdefender still hasn't released an official patch... (I'm using the update post Cristi posted ^ as a reference). If I'm wrong then, I'll retract my comment.

I understand its all they can do for a temporary fix but its been a week and for an anti-virus company thats a pretty long time. WHy would I turn off updates?? :S, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of paying a subscription for anti virus?