Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Live Messenger Crashes When Signing In

Options

I recently upgraded to Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 from 2010, because the old version was messing with Firefox. Since I've upgraded Live Messenger crashes every time it tries to sign in. I immediately get the message "Windows Live Messenger is not responding".

It does work in Safe mode, and when Bitdefender is shut down (it crashed one time, and then I tried WLM, it worked) So I know the problem is with Bitdefender.

I use Windows 7 (32 bit) and WLM 2009 with Messenger Plus.

Comments

• Please open BitDefender in Expert Mode, choose the Antivirus module and click on the Advanced Settings button. Disable Active Virus Control and look if you are able to login normally. Now, click on the Custom Level button under the Shield tab and uncheck "Scan Yahoo Messenger Traffic " and "Scan Windows Live Messenger traffic" then click on Ok. Look if the same issue occurs.

• Please open BitDefender in Expert Mode, choose the Antivirus module and click on the Advanced Settings button. Disable Active Virus Control and look if you are able to login normally. Now, click on the Custom Level button under the Shield tab and uncheck "Scan Yahoo Messenger Traffic " and "Scan Windows Live Messenger traffic" then click on Ok. Look if the same issue occurs.

Thanks, that worked. (Specifically the turning off the Active Virus Control). But why does it work.. :huh:

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

Please upgrade to the latest version of Windows Live Messenger.

http://explore.live.com/messenger

Thank you.

• Hi I am agree with cristi , instead of disabling the features we should upgrade the messenger.

if we disable the features it may open some other back doors for virus and spam .