Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Paranoid Mode, Firewall Bug, Managing The Rules List

Options

i have some issues with Bitdefender IS firewall settings.

1st. the firewall doesnt pop the alert for internet access for all applications when the Paranoid Mode is selected.

2nd. some applications even after settings the access option to deny still can connect and download from the web.

3rd. why there is no option for sorting the list in rules window on different basis?

this is supposed to be one of the most advanced security products out there isnt it?

anyway i hope there's a good reason behind these weird reactions from my firewall because bypassing the firewall by a simple system tuning software setup file is just ...

Comments

• UPDATE: just tried something else, deleted firefox.exe rule and created a new deny rule for it, popped firefox and it is working and opening websites just file. rofl

• Firewall asking for new rules EVERY restart! So, so irritating. Please, support do something, release an update fix! Also the paranoid mode being OFF after game mode being turned on and off again still persists. I didn't expect this of bitdefender at all :(

• Got the same problem as Pozzo! Its a bug and need to fix. If i open one rule and close, even bitdefender itself says there is the same rule already!! Got 40 same rules giving access to IE in all possible ways?

• rootkit
    Options

Hello everyone :)

First off all, please note that in Paranoid Mode all rules are ignored and the new created rules are not saved.

This was made for security reasons. That's why when you create a deny rule for Firefox it still connects to the internet.

If you create a Deny rule when Paranoid Mode is off, it will take that in consideration and that software won't be able to access any web resources.

Thank you.