Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[escalated]ip Address Of Router/modem Not Shown Automatically

Options
coolcool1227
coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in Firewall

Sometimes IP address of the Router/Modem is not shown in the Firewall ---> Advanced ---> Adapter Rules ---> Local Area Connection Zone automatically. Also the Trust Level of the Zone is not displayed.

Kindly also see the attachment.

post-31288-1319644211_thumb.jpg

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Omer

Please upgrade to the latest build and tel me if this issue is reproducing with the latest build.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Even after upgrading to the latest Build 15.0.34.1416, the said issue remains and also the Host name of the local PC not displayed sometimes in front of its IP address.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi ONT

Let's try something:

- open Bitdefender, go to Firewall panel and make sure it is turned on

- click on "Network details" and locate the adapter. It is either Local Area Connection if the device is connected by cable or Wireless Area connection if it is a wireless device

- for this particular adapter please set

*Network type to Trusted

* Stealth mode to Off

* Generic to Yes

and click Close.

Let me know if those IP addresses are displayed in that window now.

Have a nice day.

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Respected Cristi

Sorry for late reply. I did accordingly as you said, but the said issue remains. Also I note that when the IP address of the Router/Modem is displayed, Computer Name of the Local PC is not shown and when the Computer Name of the Local PC is displayed the IP address of the Router/Modem is not displayed. And in both cases the Trust Level of the Zone is not displayed.

Kindly note that the above said did not depend on the settings you suggested.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Waiting for reply.

• rootkit
    Options

Welcome back ONT

Is some cases, the IPs are note available in that window. It depends on the network configuration and profile(from Windows).

Also, for the current situation, I was able to reproduce something: on my home PC that is behind a hardware firewall, those IPs are note shown, but at work I can see the whole network listed there.

Regarding the Trusted level, I have made a notification for our developers.

Thank you.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

I have some fresh information about Trusted level.

The Trust level column is for the IPs (zones) that you add for each adapter (allow / deny).

It shouldn't display anything next to the adapter itself.

Thank you.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Respected Cristi

@Is some cases, the IPs are note available in that window. It depends on the network configuration and profile(from Windows).

I didn't made any changes to network configuration, they are set on DHCP. Same is the case is for other PCs on the network also. When the Network PCs IP displayed, Computer Name of Local PC not displayed and when the Computer Name is displayed, list of Network PCs not displayed and now-a-days IP address of Modem/Router is not displayed at all in either case.

• coolcool1227
    Options

I've checked this on another PC connected to another Modem.

• rootkit
    Options

Welcome back

It's the same situation there too?

Thank you.

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Welcome back

It's the same situation there too?

Thank you.

Yes

• coolcool1227
    Options

Sometimes the IP addresses of the System on different Workgroups also not displayed.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi Omer

Please tell me what equipments are you currently using on your network(manufacturer and model).

Thank you.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Its ADSL Wireless Modem provided by ISP "PTCL".

Model : AN1020-25

Manufacturer: FiberHome Telecommunication Technologies Co. Ltd.

I've also checked this issue on another equipment, the model name and manufacturer not known, as they were on office and I left that job.

• rootkit
    Options

Welcome back Omer.

I've search that model on the internet and it has a Security menu in the configuration page.

Could please take a screenshot with your current settings from that page(Security menu) and post it here?

Thank you.

• coolcool1227
    Options
    Welcome back Omer.

I've search that model on the internet and it has a Security menu in the configuration page.

Could please take a screenshot with your current settings from that page(Security menu) and post it here?

Thank you.

Would you be more specific about Security Menu? What settings you want to check? There are two Security menus, one under Advanced Setup and the other one is under Wireless.

• rootkit
    Options

Welcome back.

Post here the screenshots from both menus or send me a PM with them so I can take a look.

Thank you.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Here are the attachments. Kindly note that I have not made any settings to IPFiltering (Incoming/Outgoing) an Parental Control of ADSL Modem.

post-31288-1324462327_thumb.jpg

post-31288-1324462337_thumb.jpg

• rootkit
    Options

Hi ONT

On the other location you have the same ISP and the same network equipments?

Thank you.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi

I've checked the subject issue on another Modem : AZTECH DSL 1000 EW (L) and ISP is different.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi ONT

I haven't forgot about you. :)

We are still running some tests to see if this generated by modems/routers or by the internet connection type.

Thank you for your patience.

• coolcool1227
    Options

My PC's Windows was crashed some days ago and I did fresh installation of Windows and Bitdefender, but still facing the said issue.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Now I am facing exactly the same issue on new machine and with new Bitdefender installation. Kindly note that this situation is same for Bitdefender 2011.

• Waiting for updates right here too. Will adding an entire subnet on the trust list make a difference? Maybe just for testing purposes.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options

Hello everyone :)

After conducting several tests in our labs we have concluded that this issue is network dependent. In some cases, the network equipments are the ones that create this inconvenience.

We will see what we can do about this.

Thank you.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Any update?

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

No other updates from my last post here.

As I previously mentioned earlier, the situation is caused by the network configuration and technologies and also by the equipments:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library...v=ws.10%29.aspx

It could appear in some cases and one of those cases is yours.

Thank you.

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options

Update: I've changed my Network settings from DHCP to manual on my end (PC) and still facing the subject issue. Kindly also see the attachment.

post-31288-1330526122_thumb.jpg

• coolcool1227
    Options

The DSL Router is present in the Windows Network, but not in the Bitdefender. Kindly see the attachment.

post-31288-1330527081_thumb.jpg

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Options

Hello :)

The final answer about this was provided here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=135568

Thank you in advance for understanding.

Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.