Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Use Other Firewall

Options
Mayur
edited February 2012 in Firewall

1st How to install other firewall than this bcoz i found not good enough(avg)

2nd It blocking Windows Defender , how to unblock , its working after uninstalling it(and its also not prompting anything) ..

3rd What is Block Port Scans

4th Internet Sharing

5th Increase Log Verbosity

3rd 4th n 5th( What they actually do? )

Comments

• Hi. Here's what I think. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

3rd What is Block Port Scans

-a software that scans open ports so hackers could use that to connect

4th Internet Sharing

-blocks sharing of files including the internet connection

• thanx bieker

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

You can use a 3rd party firewall software only with Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012. Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 and Total Security 2012 have a firewall module integrated.

1. You simply download the installation kit and run it.

2. Running multiple security solutions on the same PC may affect their proper functionality as they compete for access to the same system resources. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background.

We recommend you to uninstall other security solutions in order for Bitdefender to work properly.

3/4/5 Enable Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) support - enables support for Internet Connection Sharing (ICS).

Note

This option does not automatically enable ICS on your system, but only allows this type of connection in case you enable it from your operating system.

● Block port scans - detects and blocks attempts to find out which ports are open.

Port scans are frequently used by hackers to find out which ports are open on your computer. They might then break into your computer if they find a less secure or vulnerable port.

● Increase log verbosity - increases the verbosity of the Firewall log. Bitdefender maintains a log of events regarding the Firewall module usage (enabling/disabling firewall, traffic blocking, modifying settings) or generated by the activities detected by this module (scanning ports, blocking connection attempts or traffic according to the rules). The log can be accessed from the Firewall Activity window by clicking Show Log. The location of the log file is ?\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Firewall\bdfirewall.txt.

● Show Wi-Fi Notifications - if you are connected to a wireless network, displays informative windows regarding specific network events (for example, when a new computer has joined the network).

Thank you.