Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Stress.exe

Options

BitDefender Antivirus 2008 doesn't see STRESS.EXE, doesn't have it in the library. No specific removal tool. Real time protection was disabled and it was impossible to fix this. Work of many applications was destroyed.

Dr.Web found it and after deletion all functions now restored.

The case I consider as a serious and I made attempts to deliver this information immediately using chat with Georgia (Technical) yesterday but I do not receive still the promised e-mail with a ticket.

Vitaly Sominsky

vsominsky04@yahoo.com

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=825" data-fileid="825" rel="">serious_error_.doc

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=826" data-fileid="826" rel="">error_vsserv.exe.doc

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hi vitaly,

Please put Stress.exe in a zip file protected by the password infected and attach it in a new thread in the Malware section. BD Virus Analysts will take a look at it and create a signature for it.

Please do NOT attach the infected file in this thread, because other users might download it and they will get infected. In the Malware section only Virus Analysts have access to attachments.

Cris.

• Hi vitaly,

Please put Stress.exe in a zip file protected by the password infected and attach it in a new thread in the Malware section. BD Virus Analysts will take a look at it and create a signature for it.

Please do NOT attach the infected file in this thread, because other users might download it and they will get infected. In the Malware section only Virus Analysts have access to attachments.

Cris.

Hi Cris,

I couldn't work having this virus in my computer and as I said Dr. Web deleted it and restored my wellbeing. You can find this virus information on internet (I checked it). It is well known.

Vitaly.

• alexcrist
    Options

Probably it's very well known. Personally, I have never heard about it.

But that's not the point. The point is that a signature cannot be created without a virus sample. You cannot detect a virus only by it's filename.

If you don't have the virus anymore, do you have any idea where you got it from? Or where could BD Virus Analysts find a sample?

If you know such a link, please don't post it (from the same reason as above). Instead, write it a TXT file and attach the file in the Malware section.

Cris.

• Probably it's very well known. Personally, I have never heard about it.

But that's not the point. The point is that a signature cannot be created without a virus sample. You cannot detect a virus only by it's filename.

If you don't have the virus anymore, do you have any idea where you got it from? Or where could BD Virus Analysts find a sample?

If you know such a link, please don't post it (from the same reason as above). Instead, write it a TXT file and attach the file in the Malware section.

Cris.

I understand what you need but I was sure that you know this issue. OK, I can say that it was in the folder GIFT of the software FOLDER LOCK (or LOCK FOLDER, don't remember now). I'll try to find the source at home later.

Vitaly.

• Moved to the appropriate forum.