Password Issue

ajberry29
edited January 2012 in Firewall

For some reason (mistyping, perhaps) the password set when I set up bitdefender does not match my notes. I have tried using the bitdefender uninstall tool, to no avail. I need to get bitdefender to allow gotmypc to work so that I can invite another user to use my pc. As of now, BD will not allow that. How can I get the whole firewall working the way I want it again? Do I have to use a different removal tool in order to completely eradicate BD before I reinstall? I have used the uninstall tool from the BD website but that brings me back to the same screen looking for the original password. I realize there are security issues involved in making it too easy to uninstall BD etc, but there has to be a reasonable way around this.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

Welcome to our forums.

I will send you a PM with all the instructions to reset the password.

Check your inbox in about 10 minutes.

Thank you.

• Hello I to have found myself without the ability it seems to find the correct password for the network map prompt. The password in my notes is not correct it seems would it be possible for you to message me with the correct process to recover or reset my password?

Thanks

• Hello :)

Please check your PM in about 5 minute. I will send you the solution.

Thank you.

• Hello and thanks for the prompt response. I followed the instructions you sent but it seems to have not worked. The window is still popping up requesting the password that was used when I setup bitdefender. Maybe I requested the wrong help in the first post or I am not understanding what else I would need to do in order to reset this password.

Thanks

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited February 2012

Hello

In this case, please reboot your machine in Safe Mode and run the patch from there.

If you have Windows Vista or 7, right click on the patch and choose Run as administrator. If not, just double click on it.

Wait for the process to finish and reboot the PC in Normal Mode.

Now, it should not prompt you for a password.

[How to restart in SAFE MODE With Networking]

- Restart the computer;

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE With Networking"

Let me know if everything is OK now.

Take care.