Internet Browsers Are Still Slow

I noticed that a number of people already posted about this, and have gone back to 2011 or removing BitDefender completely.

I'm also considering it.

Ever since 2012 was installed, even opening up my web interface to a firewall (for example) is extremely slow. It's faster for me to walk to another computer in another building (running Avira, Kapersky, Norton, etc.) and open up the same browser (chrome, firefox, IE, opera, safari) and complete all the programming before Total Security even brings up the login page (a simple html page)

I'm running 15.0.37.60

Any idea when this will be fixed?

Comments

• I noticed that a number of people already posted about this, and have gone back to 2011 or removing BitDefender completely.

I'm also considering it.

Ever since 2012 was installed, even opening up my web interface to a firewall (for example) is extremely slow. It's faster for me to walk to another computer in another building (running Avira, Kapersky, Norton, etc.) and open up the same browser (chrome, firefox, IE, opera, safari) and complete all the programming before Total Security even brings up the login page (a simple html page)

I'm running 15.0.37.60

Any idea when this will be fixed?

No probleme here for a while now...running BIS on windows 7 x64.

• Hi Naito,

I have no problems either with BD Total Security 2012 and several different browsers on Win 7 64 BIT SP 1 + up to date fixes.

Couple of things to check:

1.) Make sure Windows firewall is really turned off .... do not trust action centre - check the running services. Check out this thread: Very Strange

2.) Also check out this thread Chrome Broken - there are a few issues discussed in there that may help.

3.) Make sure ALL of the previous version of BD is removed.

Not sure if this is a factor in my lack of problems with BD & Browsers - but I am running the pre-release of Java 7.

Hope this helps.

Ross

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello naito :)

Welcome back.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.