Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Where To Change The Lic Key

Options

Tech Support gave me link for Internet Security 2008

Supposed upgrade from BD Antivirus Plus, v 10.

1) On "My Account" (Bid Defenders website) the Lic key is incorrect. how do I change it?

When I open my Bit Def program and work my way to the page that shows my Reg/Lic key - it is correct !

2) with BD Antivirus Plus, v 10. - I had a menu for Anit-spyware. PLus I could run Rootkit & memory Scans.

I don't see these features in BD Internet Security 2008.

3) Is Internet Security 2008 any faster in the Full, Quick Scanning?

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello sethm

If your license key is still valid you can use your key of BitDefender Antivirus Plus v10 for BitDefender Internet Security 2008.

1) If you mean that evaluating is written that is normal because the license key is original a key for BitDefender Antivirus Plus but because the free upgrade policy you can still use it. You can't change it. You can contact customer care while using my account,press on my care and press on e-mail or you have to use livechat.

2) Spyware and rootkit scans are now implemented in deep scan and full scan.

You can create new scan tasks if you really want to run a rootkit or memory scan only.

3) To get the best results you must stop as many processes and programs as possible. Because now rootkit scan is implemented also the scan task will be a little longer but not that much.

Best regards

Niels

• Thanks-

Regarding the license key - I was concerned as the key for 2008 is different than version 10.

• Niels
    Options

Hello sethm

Glad that I could help you. Did you purchased a new license for 2008 products? If so that could explain why the key differs because the keys that are given now works only on the 2008 line.

Best regards

Niels

• Did not purchase- Bit Def tech support advised of "upgrade" as an issue I was having with BD Antivirus Plus v10 - paid version.

So how long does a "Evaluating" program last - one month- life of the paid lic key...?

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello sethm,

Regarding the license key - I was concerned as the key for 2008 is different than version 10.

The license key for BD 2008 is different then the ones for BDv10. But:

• The keys for BDv10 also work for BDv11 (as long as they didn't expire)
    • The keys for BDv11 (new keys, that are sold now) can't be used for BDv10

So how long does a "Evaluating" program last - one month- life of the paid lic key...?

All you have to do is this: remove BDv10, install BDv11, register BDv11 with the same key you already have (for BDv10) and you will be able to use BDv11 for the remaining period of the license. It's as simple as that. :)

Cris.

• Chris -

So Lic key of BD 10 works for BD11, But BD 11 does not for BD10? Seems backwards.

What is the difference between BD 11 & Internet Security 2008 ?

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited October 2007
    Options
    So Lic key of BD 10 works for BD11, But BD 11 does not for BD10? Seems backwards.

It's not backwards at all. BDv11 uses new types of keys, that cannot be used for BDv10 products.

But, for the free upgrade policy to be possible, BDv11 also recognizes BDv10 licenses.

What is the difference between BD 11 & Internet Security 2008 ?

None. BD2008 is version 11 of BitDefender.

BDv11 (or BD2008) has 3 versions: BD Antivirus 2008, BD IS 2008, BD TotalSecurity 2008.

Cris.

• Thanks

By the way- does BD IS 2008 (which I have) work with FireFox? Or only with internet Explorer?

Any certain settings on the Privacy Control features I should pay attention to, so as to get the most out of Anti-Spyware scans?

And should I run Deep or Full ? Whats the difference?

• alexcrist
    Options
    By the way- does BD IS 2008 (which I have) work with FireFox? Or only with internet Explorer?

The Antiphishing toolbar only appears in IE. But I'm not sure if the module actually works with other browsers. I'll ask and I'll get back to you.

Any certain settings on the Privacy Control features I should pay attention to, so as to get the most out of Anti-Spyware scans?

The Antispyware scan is implemented in the Antivirus module. It doesn't matter even if you disable Privacy Control, you'll still be protected against spyware by the Realtime Protection.

And should I run Deep or Full ? Whats the difference?

The difference is that Full scan doesn't scan inside archives and doesn't scan for rootkits. For this reason, Full scan is faster then Deep scan, but also offers less protection.

Cris.

• alexcrist
    Options
    The Antiphishing toolbar only appears in IE. But I'm not sure if the module actually works with other browsers. I'll ask and I'll get back to you.

Hello sethm,

I asked about this, and I was told that the Antiphishing module only works in Internet Explorer.

Cris.

• Figured as much - FF does not need Anti-phishing.

My concern was on Spyware & Rootkits - with Firefox

• alexcrist
    Options
    Figured as much - FF does not need Anti-phishing.

Yes, it does. Firefox doesn't have protection against Phishing (unless you are using a plug-in)

My concern was on Spyware & Rootkits - with Firefox

Spyware and rootkit detection is browser-independent. These detections are included in the Realtime Antivirus Protection.

Cris.

• Thanks, take care

• alexcrist
    Options

You're welcome, sethm.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to post :)

Cris.