Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Not Running According To Win& Ss

Options

I installed BDIS 2 days ago again on my Win 7 x64 computer laptop and it was running fine for a day and then I got this pop up at the bottom saying that BD was not running right and needed to be started, so I clicked the trusted publisher and of course it didn't start. Now, in the meantime one of my usb hubs quit working to the point where I couldn't use it to connect my mouse. I'm having a hhard time remembering the exact path of the faulty file or extension but I know it is something like (___fix.exe with BitDefender in the front of it) Don't know why this happened this time. I installed it on a very clean laptop. I always wonder how do you get the most up to date installer for BDIS 2012 when you have a re-install to do. I have nothing protecting my laptop right now because BDIS was not running properly with that ____fix.exe file running or not running bad and I had to un install the whole thing to get my USB hub back, so how about a clean link to BDIS 2012 so I can try and reinstall.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome back.

Please reinstall the product using these steps and it should be OK after the first reboot.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=44

Have a great weekend!

• Hello :)

Welcome back.

Please reinstall the product using these steps and it should be OK after the first reboot.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=44

Have a great weekend!

I appreciate you finally getting to this post, but it took so long, (Not blaming you) that I finally got this figured out I think with the help of a ticket that I put in to BD Support. I will know within the next day or so whether it took or not. The fix I mean. I was given a list of steps to follow that went into Windows Services and while doing so I found that the Windows Firewall had activated without my knowledge and was running alongside BD's firewall. I think that was causing the issues with BD acting up because it seems to be fixed now. The BD rep is giving me a day or so before we kill the ticket. This was acting so bad with warnings and such I had to repost to try and get someones attention. I couldn't just let this run with all the pop ups and warnings. It took till today to get this answered in the forum and that was just a bit too long with the problems I was having.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

I am really sorry for the delay.

If you could give me your ticket ID I can further investigate the case?

Take care.

• Hello :)

I am really sorry for the delay.

If you could give me your ticket ID I can further investigate the case?

Take care.

It was already taken care of Christian. Sorry for taking time to reply myself. You know that when most people, maybe I should better say some people post in the forum they don't have time to really wait for long times before they get a reply and that's what leads to a lot of impatience. I know that most of you guys do the best you can getting to these, say you are only one person and you can't devote your life to answering all the problems on the BD forum. I myself was running my laptop with some badly screwed up protection and I come to find out that the Windows Services had turned on the Windows Firewall and that was causing some issues with the BDIS 2012 suite. When I disabled the Win Firewall, everything settled down and worked like it was supposed to.Ticket ID:201204271001965 can now be settled and if anything comes back similar to that problem I will re post with new ticket or use the same #? Let me know, otherwise we're through with this. Thanks again.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

If you encounter the same issue, you can reply back to that ticket.

If not, you can create a new one using the contact form.

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Have a great week!