Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Re-activation Question

Options

In the past I had Eset Smart Security, and no matter how many time I format my Laptop and reinstall it, activation never fails.

I have a 3 user license for my Eset Smart Security so as long as I am using it on only 3 computers at the same time. Im good....

Earlier this year, I purchased a 3 user license for Kaspersky Internet Security. I do format a lot especially when there are new drivers....

After 15 activations on the same laptop, my license key was blacklisted with Kaspersky as they thought that I am misuing it even though the computer's name and IP address are the same. They then had to issue me a manual activation file that I can use but that took a very long time till they responded and I was left unprotected for a while.

How does the activation of Bitdefender Internet Security Work?

Will I have trouble if I format a lot and install it on the same 3 computers?

I am wondering do they have a smart way of detecting how many users are using the same license at the same time or is it a very sensitive system like Kaspersky's? I hope I won't go through trouble....

I have a 3 user / 3 years Bitdefender license....

Comments

• anyone from the staff care to reply?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome back!

As long as you use the same email address for the activation and no more that 3 accounts for that license key(because you have 3 users on the same key), it won't get blacklisted.

Only the PC Lifetime Edition license has some limitations, the retail license can be reactivated over and over with the same account.

If you encounter any issues with it, just let us know and we will check it in the system.

Take care.

• Hello :)

Welcome back!

As long as you use the same email address for the activation and no more that 3 accounts for that license key(because you have 3 users on the same key), it won't get blacklisted.

Only the PC Lifetime Edition license has some limitations, the retail license can be reactivated over and over with the same account.

If you encounter any issues with it, just let us know and we will check it in the system.

Take care.

Thanks a lot for the clarification!

This is good since I do format a lot

I am so happy with Bitdefender and with the support I get here!

Good job

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

You are most welcome!

Let us know if you have other questions.

Have a good day!