Total Security 2012 - Pre-sales Questions

Hi,

I have read some good things about BitDefender and want to try this out in particular Total Security 2012. The questions are as follows:

1. As 2013 is in beta, will I be able to upgrade to the newer version free of charge?

2. Will the upgrade process be a clean install? I prefer clean installs.

3. Other vendors have driver and application compatibility issues (like SPTD driver) - Are there any such issues with BitDefender products? I would prefer to be aware of such issues rather than getting a nasty surprise?

4. I have usually avoided tune-up like applications, what changes does this make to my system?

5. Tuneup, Shredder, Encryption - are these installed by default or can they be installed separately?

With the latest vendor, my motherboard chipset driver and the onboard graphics driver got messed up. Either by preventing them running/corrupting them/malware corrupting them. I had to do a clean install of the whole system. Without security, no problems what so ever. I can go back to my initial vendor, but BitDefender's prices, features and detection rates are too good to ignore. I do not want to do another clean install again.

System: AMD M3N-HT, Phenom, 4GB RAM, Windows 7 x64 Pro SP1

Look forward to your replies.

J

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Welcome to the forums!

Now, please allow me to answer those questions:

1. Yes, like always the upgrade process is FREE for all customers with a valid license.

2. Yes, the upgrade process will involve removing the old product and manually install the new one.

3. We do not block digitally signed drivers, so you don;t have to worry about DVD emulation tools.

4. Our tuneup module only cleans temp files, defrags the HDD and remove blank registry keys.

5. All the modules are installed automatically.

You can test the product FREE for 30 days by installing the trial version from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=44

Take care.

• Thanks Christian.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited June 2012

Hello,

You are most welcome!

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.