Installation Help Please?

I'm planning on buying the 'Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012, 3 PCs, 1 Year' product and have 3 pc's which anti viruses expire on different days. When installing will I be able to install it on each of my 3 pc's when each ones previous antivirus ends? For instance if I have one expiring tomorrow but another with 200 days of Norton still on it and I want to get my use out of the 200 days can I install one count tomorrow and another in a few months without losing time? Thanks :)

Comments

• I'm planning on buying the 'Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012, 3 PCs, 1 Year' product and have 3 pc's which anti viruses expire on different days. When installing will I be able to install it on each of my 3 pc's when each ones previous antivirus ends? For instance if I have one expiring tomorrow but another with 200 days of Norton still on it and I want to get my use out of the 200 days can I install one count tomorrow and another in a few months without losing time? Thanks :)

Hi;

I was facing the same issue and decided to try installing Bit Defender on two computers a couple of days apart to see what would happen to the subscription counter. On the first computer Bit Defender gave me 365 days of protection, and on the second computer (on which I installed BD 3 days later) I saw I had only 362 days of protection. It therefore looks as if you WILL lose time, as it appears that the license is activated for ALL computers once you install BD on the first computer. Of course, this is only based on my own experience.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tonia

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Welcome (back) to the forums!

The license will be activated when you install the product for the first time. For example, if you buy Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012, 3 PCs, 1 Year and you install it now on a single PC and after a month on the second PC, the validity will be 365-30 on the second PC because the license was activated on the first PC.

The license is linked with your Bitdefender Account and synced on all your PCs.

This is not just a Bitdefender thing, the system is implemented for each software with a limited license(created just for one/two/etc years).

Have a great day!