Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Task.exe

Options

Hi,

I've just purchased a new BD AntiVirus 2008 and installed it using the installation CD provided. My PC which was already infected by a virus/spyware b4 the install. It created a task.exe under the processes.

I have been unable to remove it with my previous symentec and tried using trial version of zerospyware but it didn't work too. The problem now is that after i uninstalled the previous 2 using control panel add/remove program, i installed BD Antivirus 2008.

During the installation, i was promted to do a quick system scan which i selected the option that i wanted to have a quick system scan. Thereafter, a popup comes out telling me An error had occured regarding BD and BD will be closed. I thought that was normal and proceeded rebooting my pc after the install. Upon startup, i was happy that BD had detected, blocked and quarantined 5 viruses (sthg like windows explorer toolbar, websearch and Application.MWS etc). However, i also realised that i could not run my IE after that. Also, although the BD icon is still in my taskbar, i could not activate BD(when i right click the icon and click on show) and the same error msg pops out. When i check the processes, task.exe is still running.

Every single option which was available could not start BD(not even the manual scan in start menu). The same error msg everytime.

I also tried starting my PC in safe mode but could not run the manual scan too.

Haven tried reinstalling BD though. Will be doing it later when i reach home.

Is the error above due to the virus or has it something to do with my previous products?

Needs help in solving the BD error problem and removing the task.exe

Please reply ASAP.. Really needs the advice.

Wonder if this helps: According to my brother, the spyware entered my pc through a external harddisk and it changed my IE homepage to some website(don't remember the name).

Regards,

m3hm3h

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello m3hm3h

I recommend that you use BitDefender rescue cd-rom (= installation cd-rom). Put in the installation cd-rom. Reboot your pc it could be that you have to change the boot sequence to cd-rom,hard disc this must be done in your BIOS you will see the button you have to press at the beginning of the boot process mostly it is: del(ete),ctrlL+alt+esc, it could be that you have another specific menu for changing the boot sequence use that instead of the BIOS. Normally BitDefender will start you have to press enter when you see the BitDefender Rescue screen now you will see the desktop press on start here and perform a scan.

To end the sessiong rightclick on a free space and click and select exit. Remove the cd-rom when you see the message.

Follow these instructions for removing symantec. That could also give conflicts.

Download and install hijackthis press on the option do a system scan and save a logfile. Paste the output of the log into your next post.

To solve your IE problem download iefix.

Best regards

Niels

• Hi,

Anyway, I'm currently using Windows XP Professional Edition.

Other questions:

1) do i need other programs such as Lavasoft Adware or Spybot Search N Destroy after i have BD Antivirus?

2) Does the above program crash with BD? (ie do i need to uninstall them b4 installation?)

Regards,

m3hm3h

• Niels
    Options

Hello m3hm3h

1) BitDefender will not catch as many malware that these specific products can. So yes you need a backup scanner.

2) First we need to see if it still happens after you removed Norton to see if that isn't the case for causing troubles. This isn't a antivirus killer virus.

But afterwards I recommend that you uninstall BitDefender by using this tool. Install BitDefender again.

Best regards

Niels

• Hi,

i have tried all means but couldn't get bitdefender to run. (but the icon is still in task bar)

even the super antispyware could not be run. the error is as shown :

The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL

followed by :

SuperAntiSpyware has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Error signature

AppName: superantispyware.exe AppVer: 3.9.0.1008 ModName: superantispyware.exe

ModVer: 3.9.0.1008 Offset: 00032ca6

the second part(after followed by:) is the same when i try to run bitdefender. I have attached a logfile of HJT as requested. Please advise.

Regards

m3hm3h

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1

Scan saved at 9:36:50 PM, on 11/7/2007

Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16544)

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe

C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe

C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe

C:\WINDOWS\vsnpstd3.exe

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\bdagent.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\vsserv.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\Yi Yang\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\usnsvc.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.8koo.cn/

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {00A6FAF6-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - (no file)

F3 - REG:win.ini: run=C:\WINDOWS\task.exe

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: BitComet ClickCapture - {39F7E362-828A-4B5A-BCAF-5B79BFDFEA60} - C:\Program Files\BitComet\tools\BitCometBHO_1.1.8.30.dll

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {07B18EA9-A523-4961-B6BB-170DE4475CCA} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: BitDefender Toolbar - {381FFDE8-2394-4f90-B10D-FC6124A40F8C} - C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\IEToolbar.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [soundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [soundMAX] "C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe" /tray

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus CX4100 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATIAEP.EXE /P26 "EPSON Stylus CX4100 Series" /O6 "USB001" /M "Stylus CX4100"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCSuiteTrayApplication] C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia PC Suite 6\LaunchApplication.exe -startup

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [snpstd3] C:\WINDOWS\vsnpstd3.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [bitDefender Antiphishing Helper] "C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\IEShow.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [bDAgent] "C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\bdagent.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [bgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://edits.mywebsearch.com/toolbaredits/...?p=ZKxdm022YYSG

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra button: BitComet Search - {461CC20B-FB6E-4f16-8FE8-C29359DB100E} - C:\Program Files\BitComet\tools\BitCometBHO_1.1.8.30.dll

O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

O11 - Options group: [iNTERNATIONAL] International*

O11 - Options group: [TABS] Tabbed Browsing

O16 - DPF: {1D4DB7D2-6EC9-47A3-BD87-1E41684E07BB} - http://ak.exe.imgfarm.com/images/nocache/f...p1.0.0.15-3.cab

O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL

O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL

O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll

O20 - Winlogon Notify: NavLogon - C:\WINDOWS\

O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll

O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wpdshserviceobj.dll

O23 - Service: BitDefender Desktop Update Service (LIVESRV) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Update Service\livesrv.exe" /service (file missing)

O23 - Service: NBService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe

O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe

O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\PCSuite\Services\ServiceLayer.exe

O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe

O23 - Service: BitDefender Virus Shield (VSSERV) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2008\vsserv.exe" /service (file missing)

O23 - Service: BitDefender Communicator (XCOMM) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Communicator\xcommsvr.exe" /service (file missing)

• Niels
    Options

Hello m3hm3h

Check these entries and press on fix checked.

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.8koo.cn/ (did you set this page?) If yes do not check this entry.

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {00A6FAF6-072E-44cf-8957-5838F569A31D} - (no file)

F3 - REG:win.ini: run=C:\WINDOWS\task.exe

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {07B18EA9-A523-4961-B6BB-170DE4475CCA} - (no file)

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://edits.mywebsearch.com/toolbaredits/...?p=ZKxdm022YYSG

Afterwards go to start,my computer,windows folder, delete task.exe It could be hidden go to tools,folder options,display/view,check show hidden files and folders. Search also for a folder called

windowsntdebug and delete it.

Go to start,run,type regedit press expand hkey_local_machine and the follow folders and subfolders:

software,microsoft,windows,currentversion,run take a look at the right side and delete only the reference that has task.exe in the name.

If the other problem still exists use the windows search option by pressing the windows button together with f choose all files and folders under advanced settings check everything enter as search term psapi.dll

Note the location and do this afterwards go to start,run,type regsvr32 "C:\Windows\System32\psapi.dll" press enter but change the location. If it still fails put in the installation cd-rom of windows go to start,run,type cmd press enter and type sfc /scannow and press enter.

Best regards

Niels

• hi Niels,

i have followed your steps for HJT and deleted task.exe but could not find the folder windowsntdebug

i have checked inside the run in regedit and did not find any file with task.exe

i have found psapi.dll at the exact same location you specified and typed the command in run

but it says that the file was loaded but could not be registered because entry point not found.

i do not have the windows installation cd.

What can i do next? the psapi.dll popup with entry point not found is still there.

i ran HJT again and found that the above fixed files are still there.

the http://www.8koo.cn/ website is the site the virus directed me to.

regards

m3hm3h

• Hi Niels,

This post is with regards to the previous problem i posted in older BD products. I have done a recovery on my pc and installed BD internet security 2008. The windows security still pops out at startup saying BD antivirus is turned off. Any ways to solve this problem?

regards,

m3hm3h

• Niels
    Options

Hello m3hm3h

Fix that entry also. Did you closed first your internet browser? Did you also pressed on yes to confirm the deletion of the selected entries?

I recommend that you first try this download this

Install it and let the registry cleaner run press on scan registry for problems.

If that fails follow the instructions in this topic for your psapi problem.

Best regards

Niels

For your other problem do this

Go to start,run,type services.msc press enter,leftclick on the WMI (service). Now go to start,my computer,double click on the icon of your hard disc,windows,system32,wbem,and delete repository. Now restart the WMI service again by leftclicking on it and choose start,reboot your pc afterwards.

• Hi Niels,

Thanks for your help. The psapi.dll problem ase been solved and i can run bitdefender normally now.

The other windows security center problem should be solved too.

I have also installed Super Antivirus on my pc. Will the concurrent running of this and BD cause any problem?

I have also done a few deep system scans and have some problem with the virus. This are the two scans which found viruses. The deep system scan is done by me and the full system scan was pre scheduled. If i'm not wrong both scans ran together. I'm posting the two scan logs for advise.

BitDefender Log File !!!!!

Product : BitDefender Antivirus 2008

Version : BitDefender UIScanner v.11

Log date : 02:31:35 09/11/2007

Log path : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles\Logs\full_scan\1194546695_1_02.xml

Scan Paths:Path0000: C:\

Path0001: D:\

Scan Options:Scan for viruses : Yes

Scan for adware : Yes

Scan for spyware : Yes

Scan for applications : Yes

Scan for dialers : Yes

Scan for rootkits : Yes

Target selection options:Scan registry keys : Yes

Scan cookies : Yes

Scan boot sectors : Yes

Scan memory processes : Yes

Scan archives : No

Scan runtime packers : Yes

Scan emails : Yes

Scan all files : Yes

Heuristic Scan : Yes

Scanned extensions :

Excluded extensions :

Target ProcessingDefault action for infected objects : Disinfect

Default action for suspicious objects : None

Default action for hidden objects : None

Scan engines summaryNumber of virus signatures : 938041

Archive plugins : 41

Email plugins : 6

Scan plugins : 12

System plugins : 4

Unpack plugins : 7

Overall scan summaryScanned items : 48221

Infected items : 6

Suspicious items : 0

Resolved items : 3

Individual viruses found : 4

Scanned directories : 3110

Scanned boot sectors : 4

Scanned archives : 23

Input-output errors : 24

Scan time : 00:00:28:32

Files per second : 27

Scanned processes summaryScanned : 35

Infected : 0

Scanned registry keys summaryScanned : 1650

Scanned cookies summaryScanned : 0

Remaining issues:Object Name Threat Name Final Status

[system]=]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\SCHEDULE\DisplayName=]C:\WINDOWS\TASK.EXE GenPack:Generic.Worm.Arun.C4E9C4B2 Disinfect Failed

[system]=]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CONTROLSET001\SERVICES\SCHEDULE\DisplayName=]C:\WINDOWS\TASK.EXE GenPack:Generic.Worm.Arun.C4E9C4B2 Disinfect Failed

[system]=]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CONTROLSET002\SERVICES\SCHEDULE\DisplayName=]C:\WINDOWS\TASK.EXE GenPack:Generic.Worm.Arun.C4E9C4B2 Disinfect Failed

Resolved issues:Object Name Threat Name Final Status

C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\f3initialsetup1.0.0.15-3.inf Application.MWS Moved to Quarantine

C:\WINDOWS\task.exe GenPack:Generic.Worm.Arun.C4E9C4B2 Moved to Quarantine

D:\task.exe GenPack:Generic.Worm.Arun.C4E9C4B2 Moved to Quarantine

and the 2nd scan...

BitDefender Log File !!!!!

Product : BitDefender Antivirus 2008

Version : BitDefender UIScanner v.11

Log date : 02:32:26 09/11/2007

Log path : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Bitdefender\Desktop\Profiles\Logs\deep_scan\1194546746_1_02.xml

Scan Paths:Path0000: C:\

Path0001: D:\

Scan Options:Scan for viruses : Yes

Scan for adware : Yes

Scan for spyware : Yes

Scan for applications : Yes

Scan for dialers : Yes

Scan for rootkits : Yes

Target selection options:Scan registry keys : Yes

Scan cookies : Yes

Scan boot sectors : Yes

Scan memory processes : Yes

Scan archives : Yes

Scan runtime packers : Yes

Scan emails : Yes

Scan all files : Yes

Heuristic Scan : Yes

Scanned extensions :

Excluded extensions :

Target ProcessingDefault action for infected objects : Disinfect

Default action for suspicious objects : None

Default action for hidden objects : None

Scan engines summaryNumber of virus signatures : 938041

Email plugins : 6

Scan plugins : 12

System plugins : 4

Unpack plugins : 7

Overall scan summaryScanned items : 120257

Infected items : 8

Suspicious items : 0

Resolved items : 0

Individual viruses found : 5

Scanned directories : 3110

Scanned boot sectors : 4

Scanned archives : 5765

Input-output errors : 24

Scan time : 00:00:39:52

Files per second : 49

Scanned processes summaryScanned : 36

Scanned registry keys summaryScanned : 1650

Scanned cookies summaryScanned : 0

Remaining issues:Object Name Threat Name Final Status

C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\f3initialsetup1.0.0.15-3.inf Application.MWS Disinfect Failed

[system]=]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\SCHEDULE\DisplayName=]C:\WINDOWS\TASK.EXE GenPack:Generic.Worm.Arun.C4E9C4B2 Disinfect Failed

[system]=]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CONTROLSET001\SERVICES\SCHEDULE\DisplayName=]C:\WINDOWS\TASK.EXE GenPack:Generic.Worm.Arun.C4E9C4B2 Disinfect Failed

[system]=]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CONTROLSET002\SERVICES\SCHEDULE\DisplayName=]C:\WINDOWS\TASK.EXE GenPack:Generic.Worm.Arun.C4E9C4B2 Disinfect Failed

[system]=]C:\WINDOWS\task.exe (disk) GenPack:Generic.Worm.Arun.C4E9C4B2 Disinfect Failed

C:\WINDOWS\task.exe GenPack:Generic.Worm.Arun.C4E9C4B2 Disinfect Failed

D:\task.exe GenPack:Generic.Worm.Arun.C4E9C4B2 Disinfect Failed

[system]=]C:\WINDOWS\task.exe (full dump) Generic.Worm.Arun.AB37506A Disinfect Failed

Resolved issues:Object Name Threat Name Final Status

Please note the timing the scan finished and the detection.

After the scan, i removed some files using HJT, CCleaner and RegCleaner

Subsequently, i did not find any more virus in the scans that i do. (not even in the minimal safe mode which i booted it using super antivirus.) Does this mean my system is not clean?

There is also another problem which occured together with the previous infection. As the infection occured when an infected external harddisk was plugged into my PC, the virus could be transfered into any other external device that was plugged into my infected PC. However, i plug in my thumbdrive only in safe mode. Is my thumbdrive ok? Will bitdefender be able to block the same virus from entering my PC?

Also, after infection, i could not open my 2nd harddisk by double clicking on it. when i right click on it, it show AUTO as the 1st option. And all this while, i could not show any hidden files in both HD using the folder option Guess that was a bug. How do i solve it?

Regards,

m3hm3h

• Niels
    Options

Hello m3hm3h

I personally never heard about super antivirus. I wouldn't recommend you that you install 2 antiviruses. In theory that is possible but the chance of conflicts is very high.

To solve your problem with the registry keys do this go to start,run,type regedit press enter expand

hkey_local_machine,system,currentcontrolset,services,schedule,delete the entry DisplayName=C:\WINDOWS\TASK.EXE If only 1 reference double click on it and change the value to Task Schelduler and press on ok. For the rest the other infections are moved to quarantine.

BitDefender will prevent the run of the infection on your thumbdrive. But to be sure rightclick in safe mode on the thumbdrive and let BitDefender scan the files on it.

For your issue concerning not be able to view hidden files and folders do this in the registry expand hkey_current_user,software,microsoft,windows,currentversion,explorer,advanced,do

ble click on hidden and change the value 1 press on ok.

Try this go to to the tools menu,folder options,press on restore default settings,press afterwards on display/view and again on restore default settings.

Best regards

Niels

• Hi Niels,

Sorry, i made a mistake its super antispyware. Its recommended by you in another topic which u asked the person to scan his pc in safe mode using super antispyware.

ok, i'll try out the steps above but i just found out that the windows security center popup still says that BD antivirus is switched off during startup.

Regards

m3hm3h

• Niels
    Options

Hello m3hm3h

That is a legit software. What you said does also exist.(super antivirus)

It can take a few seconds before all parts of BitDefender are loaded. Strange I never received a message as you describe I also use Windows XP with sp2.

Best regards

Niels

• Hi Niels,

So it shouldn't pose any problem rite? Means BD is still running properly coz the popup disappears after awhile.

Ok, since super antispyware is legit, will it crash or affect BD when both are run together?

Regards

m3hm3h

• Niels
    Options

Hello m3hm3h

Can you please be more specific? Do you mean the BitDefender icon near the system clock?

Normally there aren't any compatibility issues with superantispyware and BitDefender. I can use them together.

Best regards

Niels

• Hi Niels,

Yup, the BD icon near clock is ok.

But windows security center popup says BD antivirus is turned off during startup.

regards

m3hm3h

• Niels
    Options

Hello m3hm3h

If you don't see any crosses on the graphic bar then all parts of BitDefender are running. It can take some seconds before it's loaded. So just ignore it.

Best regards

Niels