Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[escalated] Bitdefender Blocks Microsoft Office365

Options

After installing BD on 3 computers, I found that it is blocking access to Microsoft Office365 Sharepoint. I can access the sites using Firefox, but Internet Explorer times out on all three computers. Booting into safe mode allows IE to connect. The problem is obviously Bitdefender, as another thread in this forum recently pointed out.

I submitted a support ticket last week but got not response. I submitted a chat request today and got no response. I submitted a second support ticket earlier today. Please reply with a solution to this issue, or else provide the means to obtain a refund. Office365 is one of the biggest cloud providers in the world and if BD will not support interaction with this service then this is obviously a bug.

Comments

• I am not part of BD technical staff, however if in some conditions (e.g. using FF) your programs do work, it might just be a question of BD settings.

So, I'd try the following:

- turn off FW and see what happens with Microsoft Office365 and IE

- turn OFF Privacy Settings, in particular in advanced: Scan SSL

BD has a lot of settings, I could understand them only reading the guide.

On the other hand, if you do install a security suite, well, it should make your PC secure :rolleyes:

• dgwinup
    Options

Thanks, AstroMax. Disabling SSL inspection allows Internet Explorer to open up Office365 Sharepoint. I haven't found an option to add an exclusion specifically for the Office365 website, and it's unfortunate I can only disable SSL inspection on a global basis.

I'm more disappointed, and a now a bit wary, that I've switched from my previous security product to Bitdefender for my computers because BD support is mostly non-responsive. I finally received a reply from my third inquiry to them in which they asked for a screenshot. (kind of confusing since 404 errors all look the same).

I'll keep BD for now and hope I don't end up having to research antivirus solutions again in the near future.

• AstroMax
    edited August 2012
    Options

I'll keep BD for now and hope I don't end up having to research antivirus solutions again in the near future.

Don't give up.... I come from anoher "famous" suite and apart from severe bugs, their support was even worst.

In my opinion, BD is a good product, it only needs a couple of (minor) fixes from technical staff.

Anyhow, I suggest that you read the user guide, I find it very useful.

I don't know how to tell SSL inspection to behave as one would like, I hope Christian will read this soon and explain us.

PS: yes, it's in the guide.... pag 102:

You can create a list of web sites that will not be scanned by the Bitdefender

Antiphishing engines. The list should contain only web sites you fully trust. For

example, add the web sites where you currently shop online.

To configure and manage the antiphishing whitelist, click the Whitelist link. A new

window will appear.

To add a site to the whitelist, provide its address in the corresponding field and click

Add.

To remove a web site from the list, select it in the list and click the corresponding

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Not all websites and services support SSL scanning.

We will further investigate this issue with Office 365.

Have a wonderful weekend!

• dgwinup
    Options
    PS: yes, it's in the guide.... pag 102:

You can create a list of web sites that will not be scanned by the Bitdefender

Antiphishing engines.

Thanks for the tip, but I did try that. Adding to the whitelist may prevent the site from being scanned by the antiphishing enging, but it would still not display properly. I had to completely disable SSL scanning in the end.

I could always get to the Office365 portal page, but with SSL scanning enabled, it always failed when trying to log into SharePoint. Office365 is becoming a pretty popular service for small companies, and I'd think that's right in BitDefender's target audience. I'm surprised that it doesn't work.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I already escalated this issue to our developers, I will get back to you if we need more information.

Take care.

• rootkit
    Options

A product update was released. Your build should be 16.20.0.1483(please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry157184

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499

Let me know if the situation is solved.

Have a nice day.