Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Internet Securuty 2013

Options

Hi, I hope that this is the right forum for my question:

A friend of mine wants to install Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 on her pc, specs are:

Windows xp 32bit Professional

3.46 GHz

2.49 GB Ram

Her problem is that she has a non genuine windows version (XP sp2). She wants to know if BD 2013 will be able to work

properly on her pc. I have noticed that on the BD website that the 2013 version system requirements says that xp sp3 is needed.

Also, would it be unwise to install sp3 on her non genuine windows?

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited September 2012
    Options

Hi Shiniqami, and welcome :)

Bitdefender would need SP3 installed in order for it to function properly, you have done your research well :) I'm pretty sure that to download from the Microsoft website, or through the Update, it would want to install the Validation Tool, so you may have issues there. That should really be resolved first, before we would want to install a licensed copy of Bitdefender, on an un-licensed version of Windows ^_^

Kind regards,

Columbo

• Thank you for your reply Columbo, I will tell her to get a genuine windows version first before installing Bitdefender.

btw, is 2.49 gb of ram enough?

Cheers!

• columbo
    Options

You're welcome :)

With Windows XP, 2.5 gb of ram should be just fine. It may be hard to find a genuine version of XP though? Good luck on that one ^_^

If you need any follow up help, be sure to post back :)

Take care,

Columbo

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

I advise you to upgrade to Windows 7, is much more stable than XP.

Take care.